Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! Got my new issue of AKC magazine "Family Dog" today. There is a section called "Children's Bookshelf" and a book review of a new book called "My Dog Wears Shoes and Her Name is Maggie Mae" and, ta-da ... Maggie Mae is a beagle! Strange thing is that I often call my Maggie "Maggie Mae". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Author is Laurie Fitzgerald and review says that dog loving girls, "big and little" will adore it. A portion of the proceeds are donated to Shoes That Fit, a non-profit that provides children in need with new shoes and clothes for school. Definitely have to check this out in the bookstore.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the Barnes & Noble website and here is a reference to the donation in their description:

Some explanation for its existence is offered on the final page, where readers learn that part of the profits from sales will benefit a foundation providing shoes and clothing to children in need.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I saw that page but it says A new copy is not available from Barnes & Noble.com at this time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't even notice that but, if you have a store near you, you should be able to order it from them. I have done that with other books and they usually get them in pretty quickly.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I will look for it tonight. What could be better than a book about beagles that benefits children. I teach in a very low income area and we keep a clothing closet. You would not believe how little some of the kids have. We give away so many pairs of sock, underwear and coats, in addition to just everyday jeans, shirts and coats.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I placed an order with Amazon for the book. It looks really cute. I think my class will enjoy it. They already hear many beagle stories.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts