Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that time of year again. the new Agility season is in full swing. We are away at shows for 3 of the next 4 weekends.

Rasha has come along way and this will be her first full season. She has really steadied down and is holding her own against some of the top UK handlers and dogs. She finished 13th out of 75 in an open class 3 weeks ago, doing better than a lot of the elite competition entered. We are really chuffed with her progress.

Bonnie who is 11 in 6 weeks is still going strong this will probably be her last season. We hope that she will get enough points to gain a top award before she bows out, she still get placed regularly as she is such a good steady girl.

Willow has dropped right down the pecking order. She has become the devil beag from hell. Sarah runs her and she is really struggling to get her to do the basics at the moment. She has always been an all or nothing agility dog but at the moment she in on the nothing side. We are trying to get her to go back to basics so we can make her a really good dog but its a slow process. If we succeed then we will have a top beagle on our hands so wish us luck.

We are taking the camera with us so hopefully I will post some pics of the beags in action next week.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It' great to hear from you and you know we will all be awaiting the promised pics! Do you have any non-agility photos to tide us over?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh wow!! I would love to take Chloe for a little agility... I don't have a car, and distances here are too much for me.

Waiting to see pictures, and good luck to the girls

·
Registered
865 Posts
Good Luck this season!!! Can't wait for pictures! If you ever upload any video, let us know!! Would love to see them in action. I think Beagles doing Agility is just the coolest!!!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Good luck! I would love to get Duke into agility, since he is so small and agile and amazes us. Not for show, but for him to be able to enjoy, I'm just not sure how to do it and how to focus him (which would be the real challenge).

How wonderful that Bonnie is still going strong! You go, girl!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Good luck with the coming agility competitions, we'll keep all fingers and paws crossed for you.

·
Registered
392 Posts
wow good luck that's awesome!!!
i can't WAIT to do agility with snoops. how old do they have to be before you can start???
i guess they have to know commands haha
yesterday at her first puppy school she ran through one of the tubes and up and down a ramp for the first time and seemed to love it! just no problem at all.
have fun!!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a quick note about last weekend. Saturday was really hot and there was sheep pooh everywhere. Just totally the wrong conditions for beagles so we had a very bad day. Sunday was cooler with a bit of rain and the sheep pooh novelty had worn off. Each beag had 4 runs Bonnie had 3 clear rounds with one placing of 4th
. Rasha had 3 clears with one place of 2nd
Willow who I said was all or nothing had 1 clear all weekend and got 1st
If only we could get her to run clear all the time then she would be the best beagle in the UK

We are away again this weekend so hopefully with more free time next week I will post those pics I promised.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to all but Maggie and I have to join Bob and Bagel to send special
to Bonnie! Can't imagine the other breeds did too good with the sheep poo either ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts