Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charlie is our 7-year old beagle. He's never shown any aggressive behavior (except towards other dogs, but that's because he never has interacted with other dogs much). We recently moved about 3 weeks ago and so I'm guessing it's related, but I'm not sure. He has nipped and growled at me and my wife a few times, especially when we try and get him off of some furniture he's not supposed to be on. He actually bit my mom's hand and drew blood. Now we can't trust him around other people.

Is this normal behavior? Could there be some underlying health issue?

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I would take the dog to the vet for a comprehensive exam..to see if there is an underlying health problem or pain. In the meantime restrict your dog's area and I recommend keeping a leash on in the house so he feels controlled and so you can grab the leash if needed. Keep us updated.

·
Super Moderator
5,163 Posts
I have been bitten by Oliver a few times. He is a moody dog and does NOT like being told what not to do. if you need to move him, clip a leash to his collar and then use that to move him. Grabbing a collar or pushing them can get them cranky. I'm sure the move has him very nervous too. Always good to get a check up to be sue he's not in pain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts