Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, sadly, a dear friend's father passed away suddenly last week. He had, and loved very dearly, 2 Bichons. One is 12 and the other 6. These dogs were his world and very well taken care of and loved. Unfortunately, his wife cannot keep the dogs (long story but we respect her decision). At first thought, some good friends of theirs were willing to take the dogs in, but circumstances changed very quickly and they are no longer able. No one else is able (either because of living situations or schedules) to take them and it was breaking their hearts. Their last resort was a rescue, well, my husband and I spoke and agreed that could not happen.
So, in about a week, we will have 2 more doggies in this crazy beagle household!! I spent time with them this weekend and they are the sweetest, cutest little girls ya ever did meet! Five dogs, OMG! :faint: Will post some pics soon!

·
Registered
37 Posts
That is a very giving thing you are doing. Your heart musts be too full of love to take that on. Good luck with your new pack members.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can't tell you how much I appreciate you doing this for that widow. Having had to give away my own sweet beagle Abby this past fall I have a special place in my heart for anyone willing to take in a dog like that. Especially since you already had THREE, goodness gracious!!

Good luck to you all!

·
Registered
890 Posts
You won't be able to say life is boring. I can hear your grass saying, "Not two more!"

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You won't be able to say life is boring. I can hear your grass saying, "Not two more!"

Maybe we won't need the lawn mower!! :giggle:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it was an emotional morning yesterday to say the least. Tears were in abundance.

Let me tell you these little girls are so sweet and SUPER affectionate. I am a bit overwhelmed. On the long car ride home, I sat in the back with them for 1/2 of the trip and got smothered with Bichon love. The younger one is a pistol, and very jealous if you pet her sister at all! She finally "allowed" her sister to sit on my lap and get some love, but it wasn't long before she was begging for more affection

The first meeting was fine. I went and got the boys while hubby stayed outside with the girls. Lots of butt sniffing but after that, they all did their own thing.

Into the house we went and it got a little chaotic. Poor Beanie (the older girl), hid under the end table in the living room
But I knew she needed to just be left alone to take it all in. She had been taking residence in the closet at her former house for the past few weeks. Cole and Gino were all over her, sniffing and barking and howling (I think b/c she was trying to hide, they left Buttons alone). Well, just when hubby and I were starting to worry and getting ready to intervene, Beanie stood up to Gino and Gino backed down! Tough little cookie I tell ya, she did the same thing with Cole and seems she has proven she is not as frail and delicate as we have been treating her!!

Sleeping was tough at first, the girls sleep in their crate and our guys on the bed, well it was chaos for the first 2 hours trying to sleep. Buttons was whimpering and wanted up on the bed, Beanie hid under our bed (which I really don't like, I just don't like any animal being under the bed, makes me worry too much), and the boys kept jumping up and down checking things out! I finally realized that Buttons could not sleep without her sister in the crate so I had to drag Beanie out from under the bed and put her in the crate with Buttons and close the door. I know they are not used to the door being closed, but as soon as I did, all quieted down and everyone went to sleep!

Whew! That was long winded, sorry but just wanted to share our first day, pictures will follow soon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts