Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i guess my puppy had an epiphany, and now we have NO accidents!!! it makes me so happy, we went through a pretty discouraged couple of weeks but we didn't lose hope and recently we changes his feeding schedule and so far we are batting 100!

Also i guess we as beagle parents had an epiphany, a friend came over and was like omg he's SOO spoiled!! he thinks he's a human and since then we've been laying down the law, no jumping on couches or counter surfing or sleeping on beds uninvited, etc. and he picked up on that pretty quickly....that and we got him a doggy armchair so he gets to lay on that instead of the couch or recliner.

Just thought i'd share, lol makes me so happy i just had to

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'd say Bodie was a 100% house trained last week too. Yet after a month of no accidents there's been a couple this week. So with puppies, you might see good progress, but accidents will still happen. I've heard anywhere from 8-12 months before they are accident free. So don't get lulled into thinking he's house broken just yet.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally Posted By: Brien & Bodie
I'd say Bodie was a 100% house trained last week too. Yet after a month of no accidents there's been a couple this week. So with puppies, you might see good progress, but accidents will still happen. I've heard anywhere from 8-12 months before they are accident free. So don't get lulled into thinking he's house broken just yet.
Of course not! especially after being neutered, it has a 15% chance of causing incontinence in dogs. I'm just excited about the latest sucess. According to our AVS class, usually a puppy can hold it depending on how many months they are, like a 4 month old pup can usually hold it for a max of 4 hours, and so on and so forth, he's doing so good lately i'm just really excited. Mainly because my other dogs were so easy to train while we've had a harder time with him.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ace is only 9 weeks old so iv got a whole lot of fun ahead of me lol, but i wont give up on making sure he learns as id rather him be an inside dog then an outside dog.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I agree about never losing hope! And congrats on your dry house

We adopted Molly from a shelter (she is about 3) about 9 months ago and between her skittish nature and separation anxiety issues, it was a nightmare. Thanks to tips from Beagle World and inspiration from Its the Dog or Me TV program, we just got it done! She just has the SA accidents from time to time but she totally understands potty outside.

Yay!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts