Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I quite agree that is NO way to start a morning - I can sympathize and emphathize, but have no pearls of wisdom. The throwing her off the bed in mid stream just MIGHT get the idea across. I'm not sure what it is she's taking - but if it is Prednisone (which is often given for allergy/scratching problems) it will cause excessive drinking and peeing. My keeshond was super allergic to fleas and the vet in Sacramento often gave her prednisone - which DOES stop the itching/scratching but also causes many other problems. I finally put my foot down - NO MORE PREDNISONE!! After reading the side effects, I won't allow it - except for VERY limited use. It's not an antihistimine, but a steroid, and damages every organ. In her early life as a hunting dog, she probably had no house training - I have one like that, my Tanna was in field trials before I got him - he doesn't care where or on what that he pees! Last night he walked up to the box fan here in the family room and before I could say 'NO TANNA' he peed right on it. I've tried everything with him - so he's only allowed loose when I can supervise him, and obviously can't watch him every moment. IF I can catch him and tell him no soon enough he'll stop, otherwise everything in the house belongs to him - after all, he marked it, therefore it is his! I sympathize, Booker, just don't have any good advice for you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts