Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok like ten min ago diesel was lookout the front door.. and all of a sudden he is freaking out running from the front door to the back. so i let him out and he ran to the fence and ran back and scracted to get in. so i let him back in.. now he wont go to the front door. he is pacing and crying and panting. he keeps hiding under my blanket. so i know something scared him. so i went to the front room with him and we opened the door so he could smell outside and he is still scared to death. i went all the way out and looked up and down the street to make sure someone didnt scare him.

how can i comfort him?? or something.. its starting to scare me. he has never done this before.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Give him some time. He will come around.
- OR -
Put a leash on him and take him for a quick walk out frint to see there is nothing there.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Li'l Girl gets spooked sometimes, and we usually don't know why. When it happens, she shakes, hides under a bed, etc., and sometimes she won't go outside without me.
Then, just as suddenly, she's over it.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yes give him some time and he will be ok. Rosa gets scared by things (nothing I can ever see) outside and I just tend to ignore her rather than comfort her. Comforting actually makes them worse as they then think that there IS something to be afraid of and it keeps it real and in their minds for longer.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Our girl is deathly afraid of hot air balloons. When they fly over our house she just about runs through the sliding glass door to get in. Give him some time and he will calm down. Some things just really spook them.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Our two sometimes scare us by suddenly barking and running to the front door. As often as not we dont see what the problem is, could be a cat, the wind etc. or maybe a bang that we didnt hear.
Our last beagle, Spotty, was petrified of gun-shots and fireworks and would be in a terrible state for hours.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Coco use to do the sameting but would hide under the bed. I just let him be and then he came around. I would walk with him so that he feel safe I was there with him with whatever it was that scared him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts