Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got an eight week old beagle puppy, who we have named Jasper :). He is already doing great with potty training, and rarely makes mistakes as I have had lots of time to spend with him! however I will be working two days a week. I will not have anyone to watch the little guy while I am at work ( eight hour shift ). I'm worried this will set back his progress?? He is being crate trained but I know he wont be able to stay in his crate for eight hours!! Any tips and suggestions would be great!! thanks so much :)
IMG_1052.jpg

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Your situation is a tough one, a puppy can't hold it for 8 hours. I will have to leave it to others to speak to this but all I know is that I had to frequently take the dog out to pee/poop at your dog's young age. I do think it would set the dog back

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same situation with buddy. I got him at 10 weeks old and I was home all day on maternity leave, but when I went back to work I didn't want to keep him in the crate all day so I made a small doggy bathroom area with pee pads. At first I would find him sleeping on them and not peeing on them, so I kept switching different brands and types until I found one that worked perfectly for him. I suggest trying this out!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi I just got an eight week old beagle puppy, who we have named Jasper :). He is already doing great with potty training, and rarely makes mistakes as I have had lots of time to spend with him! however I will be working two days a week. I will not have anyone to watch the little guy while I am at work ( eight hour shift ). I'm worried this will set back his progress?? He is being crate trained but I know he wont be able to stay in his crate for eight hours!! Any tips and suggestions would be great!! thanks so much :)
View attachment 18050
My puppy hold it overnight (10 weeks old) he can hold it for 7 hours, try it you may be suprised. Maybe leave him in a pen or hirr a dog walker for those 2 days a week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts