Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice on wart removal!

I took Bailey to the vet today for a checkup, and to ask about removing a wart (skin flare) from his eyelid. Keep in mind it is up against his eyelid. I've been given the option to have it frozen or surgically removed via a small incision. She did such a wonderful job surgically removing Chloe's, that I'm leaning in that direction. My only concern would be Bailey trying to scratch his eye after surgery. An e-collar is out of the question, because Bailey will most likely go nuts. Anyone have experience having warts frozen off??

·
Registered
959 Posts
Re: Need advice on wart removal!

No, I haven't had any experience here, so I'll be watching to see how others have done. BUT Cobi has two skin tags, that are more like moles or what you are calling warts, one is on his stomach and the other is smaller an in his fur on his side. I'd love to have them removed. OUr vet recommended putting clear finger nail polish on them and they would dry up. Anyone else ever heard that remedy. Otherwise, they will freeze them and then cut them off at his next visit.

Ideas?

Cathy J

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Re: Need advice on wart removal!

I've never had a wart frozen off any of my dogs. My Shadow had the same thing Bailey does, in the same place. His was surgically removed, and there was not a problem with his scratching it. As an aside, however, Shadow was one of the most stoic and laid back dogs that ever existed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts