Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this works!!!!!

Neb with his mom and litter. I'm pretty sure that's his leg and tail over his mom's - his leg colouration has lightened, but it used to be all grey. Looking at his mom I've never seen the beagle, but I saw a pic of a beagle litter and it reminds me of his siblings, I wonder if his unknown DAD was a beagle:

Neb's first day home - arooooo!

Teagan falling in love:

Neb at 7 weeks with his bone:

Older Neb:

Neb at a campsite on a backpacking trip in 2010:

A fave pic of Neb:

One of my favourite pics of him and his brother Luc:

Backpacking in October 2016:

(his pack had dog jackets in it - not heavy at all)

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Awesome pictures! Thank you for sharing.

It is quite possible that 'Dad' was a beagle, or beagle mix. I have done German Shepherd rescue for years. We can take in a female PB GSD with her litter. We know for a fact 'Mom' is a shepherd, yet the pups may look nothing like GSDs. Ironic how those genetics play out. I have learned to look more at how the dog behaves, than how it looks. Appearances aren't everything. HA!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome pictures! Thank you for sharing.

It is quite possible that 'Dad' was a beagle, or beagle mix. I have done German Shepherd rescue for years. We can take in a female PB GSD with her litter. We know for a fact 'Mom' is a shepherd, yet the pups may look nothing like GSDs. Ironic how those genetics play out. I have learned to look more at how the dog behaves, than how it looks. Appearances aren't everything. HA!
Very true! Luc is likely part Border Collie, but behaves very much like a total GSD - I'd think he was a purebred GSD but he weighs 48.5lbs, so yeah. Weighed 68lbs when I adopted him and was still hanging onto being in standard, but given his size now - we can't pretend.

Thanks both of you for the liking of Neb's pics! He is my little boober, we love him dearly! He's a cutie pie!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Very true! Luc is likely part Border Collie, but behaves very much like a total GSD - I'd think he was a purebred GSD but he weighs 48.5lbs, so yeah. Weighed 68lbs when I adopted him and was still hanging onto being in standard, but given his size now - we can't pretend.

Thanks both of you for the liking of Neb's pics! He is my little boober, we love him dearly! He's a cutie pie!
I don't know. There are some pretty small GSDs. Some might be under standard, but GSDs, nonetheless. So - maybe!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We do wonder sometime if he's a runt. He's fairly finely boned too. Who knows. Either way he's a great guy!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aww thanks Autumn's Mom! We're up north right now on vacation so will have to post more pics soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts