Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post here much but I'm not sure what to do. My dogs are fed NB Sweet Potato and Fish allergy formula, they also get the NB rolls as treats.

I know neither of these have been recalled but should I stop feeding them this until this is all figured out. My dogs have done so well since they started eating this food.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I just started giving the girls a tablespoon each of the chicken or beef wet food. (just so they will eat there dry) I'm going to check when I get home to make sure none of there food have the word "gluten" in it....

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I spoke to the people at Natural Balance. They say that there is no rice gluten or rice protein in the sweet potato formula. There is a lot of interesting information on the Itchmo website regarding changes in pet food formulas without changing the ingredient list. People are also posting foods to avoid because they do have the rice gluten. I have been feeding Maggie the sweet potato formula mixed with another food. It doesn't have any kind of gluten so is probably safe. Its hard to know any more unless you are home cooking.

·
Registered
667 Posts
We are still feeding Natural Balance dry food and the food in the sausage type package...Snoopy is doing fine.

Pegasus

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
FYI--Royal Canin has today recalled several varieties of their Sensible Choice dry dog food, and another variety of their food which is only sold by vets. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts