Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear Daisy is just the sneakiest thing! Yesterday I came home from work and the pups didn't get their usual walk/jog because of the rain, so she was full of energy. It had pretty much let up but I didn't want to get caught out in it. Anyway, Daisy has a tendency to take toys outside and so usually before I leave for work in the morning I bring them. We often have rain during the day as summer closes in and I hate it when they get soaked. So anyway, I missed one. It just so happens it's one of her favorites, this white fluffy thing that looks like a stick figure kind of and says mailman on it. So I let them out back and see that this filthy thing is soaking wet. I bring it on the porch and toss it down to dry out. Of course when she and Rocky come in she sees it and immediately goes and picks it up and attempts to bring it in the house. I took it from her at the doorway and tossed it back on the porch. Of course she turned right around and went to get it. So I just stood there blocking her way in with my legs and kept telling her she couldn't bring it in. Oh how sad she looked. So after trying unsuccessfully to get past my legs with it, she puts it right at my feet, right in the doorway. I step aside to let her in and she snatches it up and tries once more to get that stinky thing in the house. But I'm too quick, and block her way again. By now she's looking REALLY sad and I'm trying not to laugh. Finally she puts it down again. I step aside yet again and she starts into the house, leaving the poor mailman on the floor. However, right as her rear end gets past me and into the house she swings around and grabs it before I can do anything. So in the end, the mailman made it inside because after she swung around and snatched it I was so impressed with her sneakiness that I let her keep it. LOL!!!

Anyway, that's my funny story for today

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
She obviously knows her own mind. I would love to have seen it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Where there's a beagle, there's a way!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts