Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My household has been in total upheaval for the last two weeks or so since we moved. I made a big container of trail mix for my boys to snack on. Peanuts, raisins and dried cranberries. Well, they left the lid off on the end table. I came into the living room to find Sadie on the floor surrounded by raisins and cranberries and there was a trail across the couch. I looked at the container and saw that she had eaten TONS of trail mix! I freaked out (because that's always the first thing you do)and called me friend who works at a emergency vet clinic to find out how to induce vomiting and what I needed to do.
She says find the hydrogen peroxide, I hunt through the numerous boxes and find it, she says your gonna need a turkey baster , I don't have a baster but wait I do have lots of medicine suringey things for toddlers, she says you're gonna want to do this in your tub, I say "I don't have a tub" (Our tub was being replaced at the moment) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bounce.gif
Okay, so I get Sadie outside and with the help of my 8 yr old I am able to get the hydrogen peroxide down her. She vomited right away and it looked like she had about a handful of raisins and A LOT of peanuts! I did not need the extra scare!
She's okay. I had to have a nice stern talk with my boys about leaving the trail mix open like that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pureevil.gif
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,083 Posts
I know that grapes/raisins are toxic to dogs and an excessive amount means charcol and/or stomach pumping is necessary, but peanuts/peanut butter are one of the main components in dog treats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I bet that was scarey, glad it worked out, i did not know about grapes being bad my chocolate lab loved to eat grapes when i did, he never go a lot at one time but he always got a few when i was eating them, he also liked oranges,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,239 Posts
We had to do the peroxide vomitting with Duke a few months back and the vet told me to get a baster. Well, my little heathen proved, once again, that he will eat anything and he licked the peroxide right out of the measuring spoon. Though it was helpful at the time, it scares me that he has no "off" switch when to comes to eating things he shouldn't.

Glad to hear Sadie is ok now, but I know you must have been scared to death!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally Posted By: Chloe's MommyI just love the way you describe things, it's like talking to you....:)
Thanks for the compliment! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally Posted By: jen-n-jerseyGlad that Sadie is OK. It's a good thing she liked the peanuts better than the raisens!
It's funny because when I first saw her, she was sitting on the living room floor surrounded by raisins and cranberries so of course I'm thinking she's had way more raisins than anything. It wasn't until she emptied her stomach that I noticed the large amount of peanuts and realized why she had so many raisins sitting around her on the floor! She prefers the peanuts! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wave.gif
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top