Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrrr!
Murphy loves to roam the yard-we live on an acreage. We often see him rolling and rubbing on the ground just having a blast in his yard.

Many years ago we were a farm field and a fence line ran through the property. In Iowa it's common for Mulberry bushes to grow wild in the fence lines. We have a Mulberry bush (as big as many trees) in the yard. We keep it as a reminder of the origins of the property, plus the Mulberries are quite tasty.

Anyone guess where I'm going?

My cute little black, brown and white beagle is now black, brown and purple. He's been rolling in the fallen Mulberries and he's darn proud of it!

My wife is furiously scrubbing him with dog wipes for now, and he'll pay the price this weekend with a bath. I'm sure he'll clean up quite nicely.

And I thought it was only human teenagers that liked their purple hair. What can I expect next-tattoos and piercings?

·
Registered
472 Posts
your poor wife. Our Daisy likes to roll in tortoise poo so I also know about unexpected baths and wipe downs, I'll take mulberries any day!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sigh...I get your frustration! Rocky just had his bath yesterday, and today he found something to roll in that got the white on his neck kind of yellow...ick!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitGrrrr!

My cute little black, brown and white beagle is now black, brown and purple. He's been rolling in the fallen Mulberries and he's darn proud of it!

And I thought it was only human teenagers that liked their purple hair. What can I expect next-tattoos and piercings?
Shh...
Now everyones beagle is gonna want the same thing.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
What a benign form of beagle adornment - the Bagel's favorite is fresh cow patties and if your 50 miles from a garden hose and 600 miles from home that is not the best adornment when your your partner (me) has to drive you somewhere before any bath can occur! I sure I would welcome and prefer fresh smelling purple beagle!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure there will be a next time. My wife had him scrubbed down with wipes before I could grab the camera. I was honestly surprised enough that I forgot the camera until it was too late.

He has a slight purple haze in a couple places but he's pretty much back to normal now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts