Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a puppy from our local Humane Society. We got her on August 15th, so we have had her for just over 1 week.
She was picky from day one, hardly eating anything.
So I started mixing her food with a small spoonfull of soft food and she would eat it up.
But for the last 1-2 days she has hardly eaten a thing. She only ate about 1- 1 1/2 cups of food yesterday early afternoon and she has only taken a few bites of food I put out for her this morning.
At what point should I get concerned about her lack of eating?
We don't give her any table foods. She also just started taking treats from me yesterday and I only gave her one.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Is your puppy fit otherwise? Has she been checked over by the vets? Is she playful, perky etc? How old exactly is she? You havent had her long, so she may still be unsettled. If she is a puppy she needs puppy food, what are you feeding her?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she is 5 months old, and extremly active.
She was seen by the vet right before we brought her home and all was good. I don't think it is a medical reason.
She was on Iam's at the Humane Society but she wouldn't touch it, so I got some soft food and added just a bit to the hard food and she would eat it, but still not very much.
She still wouldn't eat the hard Iam's and I did want to switch her to a diffrent food(all puppy food) So I had been mixing the new with the old and she liked it a lot, but just in the last couple days she has no intrest in eating.
I think I will call the HS tomorrow with my concern if she doesn't eat anything today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.