Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for those of you have been here for a while and know me, you know I have had a few beagles over the last few years!
I started with Harley and Sadie. And less than a year later we were blessed with Maggie. Sadie went to a nice home with some little girls and out on a farm, so we felt good about that.
Last winter, Chopper showed up at our doorstep and brightened our lives for a while. Then, He and Maggie decided to have a litter of pups (7) and along came Norton, Delilah, Maxine, Summer, Betty Boop, Precious, and Snoopy. All but Betty went to wonderful homes all over the midwest.

At that time we stil had Maggie, Chopper, Harley, and Betty. Things were getting tough here, and the city came in and said we did not need to have that many dogs. (after all this time) So, I put out the word to some friends and in very short time found WONDERFUL homes for Maggie over in Illinois, and Chopper up in eastern Iowa. I couldnt have asked for better homes for 2 that I had loved so long.

So now my home is a bit more quiet. Harley is still my lover boy and is a wonderful beagle. And little Betty Boop is putting on some weight but is nearly 5 months old and still very petite, but LOVES to wrestle and chew on Grandpa Harley. Betty will be getting spayed with Xmas money and that will be all. 2 loving black/white beagles that fill my home and my heart day after day.
I have learned alot in the last 2 years, especially about dog breeding and keeping it from happening, although I have been SO fortunate to find good homes for all of them, and even still have people contact me for one of the pups after all this time!

Well, enough of my babble, I just got my LPN on Tuesday this week, and will be taking boards soon, and start the RN program on Monday, so my life is so hectic right now, but the best feeling in the world is still coming home to my loving beagles who think I hung the moon, and who snuggle up to me and love on me all night long.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Judi :heart:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I'll bet that is a pretty loud quiet.

Glad that Betty is getting fixed, too. No more heartbreak having to give them up. (Is Harley fixed?).

Give Harley and Betty and yourself a big HUG from Henry and I. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

~Denise

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Congratulations on finding such good homes and also for your qualifications. It must have been heartbreaking giving them away but you were strong and did the right thing. Enjoy your remainding pack and how about some updated photos of them.
:happyhappy: :heart:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
although it is always difficult to give up your pups thank you for taking the time to find them good homes rather than dumping them in a shelter. :heart: you will have piece of mind knowing that they are being cared for !!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes Harley got fixed last Xmas with Xmas money. If I would have just gotten Maggie fixed my pack would have probably stayed with Maggie, Harley,and Chopper, but hindsight is 20/20.

Yes--- I have always tried and looked and even turned people away that I didnt feel would give them the type of home I had hoped for. I know that a couple of the pups are now outside dogs, but they have other doggies out there with them and are on farms, so I have to have piece of mind that they are "ok" with it and doing good.

I still keep in contact with most all of them so I am able to know that.

Well, off to bed, start RN classes tomorrow morning! "wish me luck" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Judi :holyshit:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Congrats, Judi, and good luck with RN classes. :happyhappy:
It will be all worth it in a year or so (?) when you have a great job!!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Just caught up with this thread, Judi. First let me congratulate you on getting your LPN and starting your RN classes. I have 2 friends who are going to nursing school now, and I know that is quite an undertaking. Good luck, but I'm sure you'll do fine. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
That's wonderful that you were able to find homes for all your puppies, as well as good homes for Maggie and Chopper. I know you must miss them. Is Harley enjoying being an only dog, and getting all the snuggles for himself?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts