Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we didn't get to the dog park because my daughter was sick, I decided to treat Miley for a trip to Petsmart for a new bed, and some Greenies (which she really needed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif)

Now...I NEVER have had a problem with Miley on the leash but I'm not sure if it was sensory overload or what but throughout the whole store she was pulling like crazy. I couldn't control it. I pulled her back, I told her no! I made her sit...etc. She just would not behave /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thsmiley_fistshake.gif

So just as I was about to leave because she was really out of control, her collar snaps!! She took off like a "bat out of you know where" and runs straight over to the obedience class that was there. These poor people are trying to train their dogs to be better citizens and there is Crazy Miley in the middle driving all the dogs bonkers. Then she takes off again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/evilgrin.gif

Dodging in and out of the aisles, I'm calling her (and I was just back from the gym so I looked gorgeous /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif) and I can't catch this darn dog. She keeps looking at me from down the aisles as if to say "Na Na, you can't catch me" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hysterical.gif.

Finally one of the workers caught her, which was hard because she didn't have a collar on since her collar broke.

So needless to say, she ended up with a new collar too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

I wanted to stangle her when we left.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif

sorry, but I just pictured the whole thing.... Never a dull moment with a beagle around /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

·
Registered
110 Posts
I know this was bad for you but oh my goodness that is a hilarious story!! I was almost crying I was laughing so hard! I'm sorry she was bad for you but you gotta love those crazy beagles /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Patience and beagles seem to go hand in hand!! Your heart must have been racing! Thank goodness she was inside the building. Hey, look on the bright side, the dogs in training class got something new for the instructors to teach them NOT to do!!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gifFunny scenario, glad everyting ended well.
Maybe next time take her to the gym with you /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh dear! I know it wasn't supposed to be funny, but oh my!

I had a previous beagle think the bulk treat aisle at Petsmart was a buffet just for her. After that visit, she got dumped in a shopping cart, just like a little kid!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Over come by to many scents I guess. Mine always has to go in a shopping cart lest he strangle himself

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Silly girl!! Hey, all those animal scents and strange and exotic scents just drove her crazy. I can see ours doing the same thing when they were younger. Glad she didn't make a break for the front door. I know you don't think it is funny now, but you will one day!! I'm laughing with you now!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh my ... I can just picture the faces of the folks in the obedience class -- they were probably thinking that it could have just as easily been one of their dogs. Look on the bright side -- 1) as was said, thank goodness she didn't head for those automatic doors and 2) her collar probably had a weak spot and might have broken on a walk outside!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:2) her collar probably had a weak spot and might have broken on a walk outside!
Oh man! I never even thought about that!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nono5.gif

You know what, she's comical - it turned out well and now it makes me laugh.

I'm thinking of writing a book!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the giggles -- I needed them after reading about Marco. This could have been any of us. Lucy and Flora rarely get to go to PetSmart, because of the sensory overload issue, and resulting bad behavior.

I'll echo Judy -- be glad the collar broke in a store, rather than when she lunged after something on a walk! Thanks for sharing your story.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That is too funny. Every time we take Duke to PetSmart, he heads straight to the classes, thinking he's going to puppy school again. He usually disrupts them a little until I can drag him away, but nothing like what Miley did! LOL

Hope the new collar is industrial-strength!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oh how funny. I'm sure it wasn't at the time, but now that it's over and everyone is safe and sound, you can look back and laugh.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Thanks for the laugh I needed today!!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/gaah.gif

I can just picture the chaos and your embarrassment....especially when Miley 'visited' the obedience class....

sorry, can't quit laughing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts