Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's 10 weeks old, and looks a lot like our other beagle, Snickers.

DoODle:

Snickers:

I've been looking at medicines to keep her healthy, and I've decided to go with AdvantageMulti because it takes care of heart and intestinal worms, along with fleas. Does anyone have any input or experience with this brand?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to Doodles! She is beautiful. I bet she and Snickers will be great pals. I'll have to leave an answer to your question to others as I am not familiar with AdvantageMulti.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Doodles is a lovely little girl.
I'm not familiar with AdvantageMulti, either. Is it a new product? I use the K9Advantix on our pack, and am pleased with it, but combine it with Interceptor for complete protection.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What a cutie

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy

Welcome to beagle World and a big ole welcome arrrooo to Snickers and Doodles. Sorry - no experience with such meds, worms and fleas are not a threat in the hot dry desert. Look forward to exchanging stories about our beagles.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Welcome to you, Snickers and Doodles!! Love the names!! Both of your beags are beautiful!! Look foward to hearing stories about the two of them!

Sorry, haven't used the product!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! Doodle and Snicker (SnickerDoodle! LOVE IT!) are both beautiful girls. I have AdvatageMulti to start on Jersey this month. I haven't used it yet though. I asked my mom about it (she's a vet tech) and she said it's a good product. I had been using the Sentinel tablets but my vet no longer carries them.

·
Registered
959 Posts
She is adorable. NO, they both are!!!! You are a lucky person to have two beagles own you!

Cathy J
We've been flagged.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone. We should have named her Puddles. I didn't realize puppies eliminated every 3 minutes when they're awake. I'm still looking for some information about AdvantageMulti since I wanna avoid putting too many meds on/in her. And she has this really bad odor coming from her ear. I flushed it out with some ear solution from petsmart, I hope it's nothing severe.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
If her ears smell bad, check for dark brown discharge, she may have a yeast infection. In which case, just an ear solution won't help, you'll need meds too. It usually not severe, and with proper treatment goes away in a few days.

They do eliminate a LOT, which is why crate training combined with hourly outings and tons of treats and praising will help potty train her.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcome to BW. Best to check with a vet, he/she will advise you on treatment, also for the ears. The vet will look at a sample of the ear goo under a microscope to see if ear-mites are present.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome!! Doodles sure is a cutie! I just started using Advantage Multi on my Snoopy and she hasn't had any problems with it.

Jami and Snoopy
We've been flagged

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Welcome to you and Doodle and Snicker!
Advantage Multi sounds interesting. I am currently using Frontline and Hearguard Plus.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Doodles is quite a cutie!! Welcome to the pack, little one!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for the advice, input, and welcomes. Doodles is quite a handful we should have named her Puddles instead. She had an incident tapeworms but the antibiotics took care of that. She's healthy now but I plan on putting her on Frontline and Heartgard.

Here's the most recent picture of her.

Here's our pack:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts