Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I picked up my new lil puppy today and she was really lively. She did not stop howling for the whole journey back and she's howling alot now. I've cuddled her and played with her and she had a nap for an hour or so. I tryed to feed her but she didn't want to eat yet lol. I have started taking some pictures and will be posting them a little later on. She's alot more work than i thought lol, she's not just sleepy and cuddly but i already love her, so i dont care /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
889 Posts
Glad to hear that you and Timber have bonded so well and so soon. Now the fun starts.

·
Registered
193 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/toofunny.giflet the fun begin

·
Registered
865 Posts
Welcome Timber!! We have been anticipating your arrival!! We are so glad you are finally here!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quick question she howls wenever i put her back in her crate when i need to eat and so on, so i have to get her out to cuddle her to calm her don. what sohould i do?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Eat fast. Sounds like some separation anxiety, its hard to deal with sometimes. There are times when you just can't keep and eye on her. She justs needs to get used to the crate.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I never gave into that kind of attention - eventually (may take her a while) but she'll calm down.

If you come running everytime she whimpers she'll learn she gets her way when she does that. (That's alittle Cesar milan for you!! )

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Welcome Home Timber!

The trainer at PetSmart told me that if Daisy whimpers or carries on in the crate I should ignore her and not get her out until she is quiet, otherwise she will learn that when she cries she gets her way and she'll never be quiet when she's in there.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Congrats! loved the pictures.... (still waiting for you to send her to me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif).

Don't give in to her crying, it's only her first day home, and she might howl for the next few days too. She will get used to it though. Give her a treat whenever she is quiet in there, she will eventually associate it with being a good thing to be in there and learn to like it.

Sounds like she will keep you busy for a while... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brlliant thanks for all the advice. Great link judymaggie cheers. I have posteda couple of early piks up in a new thread now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome Home Timber! I saw her pics in your other post, she's just precious. Don't give in to the crying. I made that mistake with Jersey and now her separation anxiety is so bad taht I cannot leave her home alone. And yes, Timber will be a lot of hard work at first but in the long run it will be so worth it. Jersey was so bad that she had me in tears at times, but now she's my little baby and I could never live without her.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Congrats on your new little girl! Yes, a puppy is a lot of work, so my reccommendation would be to try to have a sense of humor about the whole thing. Take the little bumps in the road (potty training) in stride and enjoy having such a great dog. Perhaps someone has mentioned it already, but you may want to put a wind-up clock near her crate and an old worn (safe) article of clothing in the crate with her the first few days to help calm her down.

·
Registered
443 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/toofunny.gif Welcome Timber - can't wait to see some pictures. Sounds like Timber is training her new daddy well /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

I agree - do NOT give in to her. I know it's hard to listen to her cries and howls (been there, done that a few times). Do you have an old shirt or something like that with your smell - that is what she is wanting - to be with you and all your smells. She may also be missing her dogmom and that warm body with a heartbeat - I don't know if anyone else does this but I ALWAYS have when I get a new, young puppy - take that shirt of yours (or whatever it is with your smell), wrap it around something fluffy maybe and get one of those tick-tock clocks (the mama dog's heartbeat). This all does help us - hopefully it will help you and Timber. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/winkingsmiley.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts