Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to talk about it. I am so obsessed with beagles...I thought you guys should know this. It's a real problem. Anyone who owns one, is my friend...whether they want to be or not...lol...well, about a year ago, I befriended an older man, about 67 years old and he has a beag named Scout. He's about 7 now? Well, the older man must weigh about 200 pounds, and the man fell on top of Scout last night, causing him great pain and discomfort. So, the man, not knowing who to call, calls me at 7:00am this morning freaking out, not knowing what to do who to call. I swear, some people just don't know how to react to emergencies. Not that I minded of course, I was already getting dresses as soon as he said Scout was hurt. I rushed over there (on other end of town) picked him and his pup up, took him to the vet for about 4 hours, and loaned him $255 dollars for the vet bill, which ended up being arthritis setting in, and he over extended his hips. So, he will be fine, but sometimes...don't you just wonder about people? lol Like, for a 23 year old to be able to help a 67 year old man with their dog. I don't know where I am going with this, just rambling I suppose. :D

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'd say, thank God you were there. Scout could have been suffering more, and this old man, I am sure Scout is his reason for living. I say that knowing that my father would have died had anything happened to his poodles before his passing. God bless you for being so kind and so thoughtful. Scout I am sure appreciates your kindness as does the old man.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I second that God bless! You made a real impact today in someone's life. I am sure that you will continue to realize the effects of your good deed as time goes on! If only there were more people like you.

BTW...I am like you when it comes to befriending anyone who has a beagle.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Funny isn't it? Beagle ownership creates bonds. When out in public, other beagle owners always approach me/us and its like no one else would understand! I love it!

That man is very lucky to have a friend like you, warms my heart to know there are still caring, generous people out there!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I wish I had a friend like that. I came home, and Blu's lymphnodes are the size of golfballs, and I am not sure what to do!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Oh no. How is he today? Did you take him to / call the vet?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Funny isn't it? Beagle ownership creates bonds. When out in public, other beagle owners always approach me/us and its like no one else would understand! I love it!
Oh Dear is this the right place to confess I have even stopped the car and approached complete strangers who are out walking their beagles lol! The thing is, they are so completely different from any other breed - dogs and owners. The other thing is that these people are always so pleased to speak to another beagle owner too - twenty questions from both sides !!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol @ Double Trouble. Funny, I asked this once. There is a neighbor down the road with a handsome beagle, and I asked, "would it be weird to knock on a strangers door to see their beagle?" lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
lol @ Double Trouble. Funny, I asked this once. There is a neighbor down the road with a handsome beagle, and I asked, "would it be weird to knock on a strangers door to see their beagle?" lol
Well, if you knocked on my door, I'd love it lol!!! Beagle owners are a special breed too in my experience, due to the fact that we've all got so much to say about our tenaous, awkward, stubborn but lovable little darlings lol x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts