Our Beagle World Forums banner

My Merlin

5K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  Beagle Eyes 
#1 ·
Today would have been my Merlin's 11th birthday he died 3 months ago tomorrow. I thought I would share a few pictures of our precious friend. Merlin got sick very suddenly and was gone within a week with kidney failure. We didn't even know he was so sick only that he was off his food. I love you sweet Merly and miss you dearly.
Here are a few pictures :

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Sorry to hear about Merlin! The poor boy was shortchanged
in life! But he is in good company @ the rainbow bridge! He
willHAVE many friends to play with until your time comes to
meet him! (I have hosted enough beags, that I will likely
be licked to death!) (When I die & meet them at the
rainbow bridge!)

#16 ·
Originally Posted By: RosColeWhat a great looking guy he was! I am sure he was a joy. So sorry.
Thank you RosCole . He was a great joy.
Originally Posted By: liljazzMerlin looks like he was a real loveable boy.. I'm sorry for your loss.
Thank you liljazz. He certainly was a real loveable boy. Two things he loved were lots of food and lots of company.
Originally Posted By: SandyjMerlin was such a distinguished looking fellow. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Thank you Sandyj. I think he was a distinguished looking fellow too.
Originally Posted By: Star Wars BeagleHe had such a sweet face! I'm so sorry he left you. At least now he's young again.
Thank you Star Wars Beagle
He did have a sweet face. Our Merlin had these rolls on the top of his head that were so cute.
Originally Posted By: NORTHWEST REDNECKSorry to hear about Merlin! The poor boy was shortchanged
in life! But he is in good company @ the rainbow bridge! He
willHAVE many friends to play with until your time comes to
meet him! (I have hosted enough beags, that I will likely
be licked to death!) (When I die & meet them at the
rainbow bridge!)
Thank you NORTHWEST ******* I am sure his is playing away happily there.
Originally Posted By: Mollys MomHe is just precious! I love his face. I am so sorry for your loss
Thank you Mollys Mom . He was precious very precious to us.

#17 ·
Originally Posted By: GenieWhat a precious boy Merlin way!! Thank you for sharing his pictures. I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy.
Thank you Genie. I have been wanting to share his picture he was cutie in every way.
Originally Posted By: jen-n-jerseyWhat a handsome boy Merlin was. I'm very sorry for your loss. We lost our Amber girl the same way. She had gone into kidney failure and the only sign that something was wrong was when she stopped eating.
Thank you jen-n-jersey. I am sorry for your loss of Amber. ((())) My vet said with kidney failure their kidneys fail a little and their body compensates and it fails a little bit more and their body compensates a bit more and a bit more until the very last bit when it can't anymore and their body just falls in a heap. If like my Merlin you have a dog that is inactive you may not notice that he is getting more inactive and may not notice he is so sick. I felt bad not knowing he was so sick. It was very difficult to loss him so quickly.
Originally Posted By: judymaggieMerlin really had quite a distinguished look. Thanks for sharing his pics with us.
Thank you judymaggie.
Originally Posted By: jannaWhat a handsome boy!! I love the pictures,especially the last one where it looks like he's smiling!! So sorry for your loss.
Thank you janna. My 8 year old daughter Jasmine loves that one too .
Originally Posted By: Li'l MaggieWhat a gorgeous boy Merlin was. I am so sorry for your loss...
Thank you Li'l.
Originally Posted By: jassyMerlin looks so sweet. I am sorry for your loss. You must miss him so much.
Thank you jassy. I do miss Merlin he was my baby I called him my cuddly teddy bear. He was a very affectionate fellow.

#20 ·
Originally Posted By: A doghouseSo sorry for your loss, yes he looked so cuddly.
Thank you A doghouse. He was very cuddly.
Originally Posted By: Lucy's MomMy deepest condolences. Merlin looked so sweet and cuddly. My Lucy turns 10 next week, and I hate the thought of losing her.

Thank you for sharing your pictures.
Thank you Lucy's Mom. Hopefully you will have Lucy a lot more years than we had Merlin, we are hoping the same for our Bazel.

#22 ·
Thank you A Jolly Bengali , you have touched me saying you teared up at work. He was loved in life and does indeed continue to be remembered at Rainbow Bridge . Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.