Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Cassie is a purebred.. ive had her since 8 weeks and she's 9.5 yrs old now. So believe me Im a puppy survivor. Keep.in mind it takes about 3 yrs for them to get it and calm down
Since yours is a mix it could actually have a slightly different temperament. One thing to know is beagles are slow getting potty training so it takes a lot of patience. Read up on puppy biting which will start soon..its not aggression and lasts a few months.

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cassie is a purebred.. ive had her since 8 weeks and she's 9.5 yrs old now. So believe me Im a puppy survivor. Keep.in mind it takes about 3 yrs for them to get it and calm down
Since yours is a mix it could actually have a slightly different temperament. One thing to know is beagles are slow getting potty training so it takes a lot of patience. Read up on puppy biting which will start soon..its not aggression and lasts a few months.
View attachment 42298
Okay, she has started mouthing and nipping which I’m trying to put a stop to, by giving her her toys that she can chew on and play with, Lola has the vets on Wednesday so I’m hoping they can for definite tell me if she is purebred or a mix, but all my research is pointing to a mix.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Keep the dogs area fairly restricted if you can. When they have too much freedom in the house they get wild and nippy. Also they will run away given the chance if you dont have a secure yard.

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep the dogs area fairly restricted if you can. When they have too much freedom in the house they get wild and nippy. Also they will run away given the chance if you dont have a secure yard.
She has access to the front room and the hallway where her food & water is and that’s about it everywhere else is shut off, I would take her for a long walk to burn off some of the energy she has but she needs her jabs done again as the brand of jab she had her 1st done with my vets don’t have it and they don’t want to risk the two different brands mixing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts