Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name is Barbara and I am a proud parent to my beautiful purebred beagle Xsara.

Xsara is 3 years old and she is the cutest and the smartest dog I know (everybody probably feels this way about their dogs).

We successfully compete in agility on A2/J2 level and have just started Rally-Obedience.

We made a video with some of her tricks (and are working on the second one). CLICK HERE if you want to see it. We also have a blog with many photos: CLICK HERE to visit.
Have fun - Barbara

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
She is beautiful. I have been watching my friend and her Australian Shepherd compete in agility and I am impressed by the level of skill it takes for the dog and the handler to compete. The other thing that is clear is that the most successful have a strong bond with the handler and love the competition. You must have a great dog and great relationship if you are doing well in agility.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Welcome!! Your Xsara is beautiful, and I'm sure she is wonderful in agility!! Love the picture of her jumping--ears flying!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Welcome to the pack! Xsara is beautiful. I can't wait to hear all the stories and see all the pictures. :wave:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
OMG!! You and Xsara are a wonderful team -- I am completely in awe. I think I was most impressed by the "leave it" task -- beagles are so motivated by food that this is a huge accomplishment. Xsara looks so happy doing his tricks and pleasing you. Looking forward to having you both as members of BW!

·
Registered
751 Posts
welcome to BW. Great pup! Can you come to my house? AAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

By the way, I love seeing other red/whites to see what my Marley may look like when he grows up /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts

Welcome to Beagle World Barbara! And congratulations to Xsara on her winning ways. She is a beautiful Beagle and she really likes working with you - such a happy face. Very much enjoyed your pictures and video - thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am in complete awe of your accomplishment, Xsara is an incredible beagle! As the grandson of a native Slovenian, it's really great to see you and your dog doing so well there.

Can I ask, what do you use for reward? I know beagles will work for anything, but it seems that (at least with my dog) either she is so distracted by the smell that she has no focus on doing our training, or the treat is too bland and she smells something better elsewhere.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome!
My beagles are agility beagles, they are only 15 months though!
One of mine dances like xsara, the other one does the stupid dance, lol!
I wish mine would heel and go in reverse, that is so cool! :thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all, you are such a nice pack! I am glad to be a part of it!

Quote:Originally posted by jeffmeden:
Can I ask, what do you use for reward? I know beagles will work for anything, but it seems that (at least with my dog) either she is so distracted by the smell that she has no focus on doing our training, or the treat is too bland and she smells something better elsewhere.
We actually use two types of rewards. I use dry food for normal rewards and tuna pate when she does something really really well. She is not too distracted by the smell of dry food but she would eat it and see it as reward. But she is always hoping to get tuna pate and she would try to do her best to get it. If she is having a bad day I would still ask her to do something easy (like sit down) and reward her with the good reward for motivation.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow! A Beagle that does tricks...don't they have to listen and obey? :rolleyes: That is quite an accomplishment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's amazing! What an intellgent beagle and well done to you for putting the time in to train her (I'm sure it must have taken a lot of time!)

If my beagle tried to do that handstand he'd end up toppling over - despite a careful eye on his diet he's still got a bit of a belly on him /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 20 of 29 Posts