Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Jimmy is very cute and adorable but extremely young to be away from his mother at 6 weeks. I've read your other posts about his serious tick and flea problems and he really needs to be checked over by a vet.

Take good care of him please because he's such a tiny baby and will get ill if you don't rid him of his ticks and fleas.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Jennifer is 100% correct!

He is incredibly cute and deserves all the love you can give him and the best care he can get! You're his "parent" now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oooohhhh, what a sweet little guy (and I do mean little!).

Please let us know how the vet visit goes. Jimmy needs a full checkup so he can grow and thrive into a healthy and happy beagle. He's just so darn cute!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Your Jimmy is adorable! 6 weeks is awfully young to be away from his mother. I agree with everyone else - getting him into the vet as quickly as possible will be the best thing. Your vet might bring it up, but if not, you might ask the vet how to best handle him being away from his mother a little too soon. You are his "parent" now and will need to know how to make up for him being weaned a little too early.

Please do keep us posted!! Jimmy will give you years of enjoyment!!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Jimmy is positively adorable! So little!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

Take good care of him and he will repay you for the rest of his days.

~Denise

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just now had a chance to see Jimmy's picture and he is so very adorable. Despite the fleas/ticks/mitexs or ????????, he does look pretty good in this picture. And after reading some of the other stuff you have talked about - sounds like you & Jimmy are going to do pretty good. Sounds like you are really concerned about his well-being. Good luck and hope to hear how the vet visit went.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Hope the flea problem has been sorted out. What did the vet think of Jimmy?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to the vet and he gave me a liquid and told me to dissolve it with water then take a clothe and wipe it in jimmy's body . I did so and when the ticks were coming out i took them out with the tweezers . There were about 200 - 300 very very tiny ticks . It took six hours to complete but there are a little more . I am going to finish off them too .

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
That's great that the vet gave you something to get rid of them but unless he is being treated each month with a medication to prevent ticks/fleas etc. he will get them again.

Did the vet say he was otherwise well? I'm concerned about him and I must admit I couldn't sleep last night. I find it hard to believe that such a tiny dog could have so many ticks even if you live in a tick infested area.

·
Registered
289 Posts
200 - 300 tiny ticks on a 6 week old dog? And that's all the vet told you to do is put some liquid on him and pick the ticks off?? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Did he check him for anemia or some other illness? I'm so worried about this little puppy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

·
Registered
865 Posts
I believe Jimmy is in another country where English is not the primary language. Is it possible we are losing something in translation?

Jimmy is adorable and it sounds like you love him very much and want to do what is best for him. It just may be a rough start. Please do keep us posted and I am certain everyone here wants to help Jimmy be a very happy hound!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Jimmy and his dad are from Sri Lanka. I'm thinking maybe the poor little pup has mites rather than ticks. That many ticks on a 6 week old pup could end his life.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I think Jimmy is lucky to have a dad that is so concerned with his health and welfare and doing what he needs to take care of the problem, good for you!

Hope the treatment works and little Jimmy gets rid of all the nasty little bugs!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Holy smokes what a cute litlle fella. I alway say a beagle pup is about the cutest thing on the planet and your pup proves it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts