Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought that you guys would appreciate my experience today... First let me explain that Chamois has discovered that the wall has some small bumps on it... nail pops or texture or something and has taken it upon herself to take care of them. I keep finding her in the hall with her nose smushed against the wall, lips pulled back trying to eat the bumps off with her front teeth. Haha.

So today she was trying to eat the bumps off the wall again and I told her no. I was sitting on the couch so she ran to me and used me as a spring board to get up on the back of the couch to roost as we call it. Well she scratched me all up and as I'm catching my breath Squeegee jumped up and immediately threw up on me! During the clean up process Chamois found my mp3 player and started chewing it. I turned to my husband and said why did we get dogs again? Haha... then Squeegee snuggled me and I remembered why we have them
Anyway... it was quite a handful.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have two beagle cats too who roost on the back of the couch....but with two you have to be quick. Sometimes we swear they play off each other and distract us for the other's naughtiness. But we love 'em anyway...they are just too much fun!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Your pain and suffering are shared worldwide im sure.
condolences.
every once in a while i just grab something of theirs and slam it on the ground, just to get em back.....
like a bone or food bowl,
funny thing is, they just see it as a sign to play!
ARG!!
C.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
You can't stay mad for long not when they look up at you with there gorgeous eyes and floppy ears, can you ?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I can sure sympathize. Murphy has his moments that drive me nuts. But when he curls up in my lap, looks at me with those big brown eyes and sighs I know it's all worth it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Ahh, sometimes you just have to count to ten and learn how to laugh about it, because they are so darn cute!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
To quote one of my favorite cartoons as a kid....

<span style="font-style: italic">You knew the job was dangerous when you took it</span>
-From SuperChicken to his sidekick Fred the lion

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally Posted By: Joe BeaglesTo quote one of my favorite cartoons as a kid....

<span style="font-style: italic">You knew the job was dangerous when you took it</span>
-From SuperChicken to his sidekick Fred the lion
I love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hard to get mad!!

It used to be very hard for us because Toby chewed out our laptop cord 3 times. Once it was still plugged in, luckily he didn't get hurt. Another time he decided to play with our Christmas tree ornaments and we had to replace a whole bunch of them. And now we've resorted to block Toby off with a baby gate in the kitchen area where he can't get into anything. But he cleared the baby gate..so now we have two gates!...But at the end of the day I still love him..he's a big time cuddler..and usually when we catch him doing bad things..his head hangs low and looks up and wags his tail to let us know how sorry he is and cuddles us.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
When susi recently, shitted all over our lounge carpet in the night, I wondered why I was cleaning at 3am. But her little face looking at me, made me think, what did I give her to make her ill!!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
This is funny b/c Gino has done that same thing (gnawing) on our t.v. room sofa! It is almost obsessive and we are still (after 3 months) trying to get him to stop. He only does it on the sofa and or loveseat in the t.v. room, not the ones in the living room! He does not do any damage, of course we stop him before he has the chance, but for the life of me I don't know why he does this!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts