Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zbój is growing so fast... And he starts to behave like an adult because he wants to drink beer!!! Is it common for Beagles to want beer? I heard that some dogs hate the smell of alcohol not to mention the taste of it... Whenever I go for a walk and there's a can or a beer bottle, he has to sniff and lick it. We gave him an empty beer bottle the other day to see what he's going to do and there are the results. We couldn't keep him away from it...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Zbój is adorablely handsome!

As long as he's playing with an empty bottle it's okay, but I wouldn't really let a dog drink beer (not even a little). They can get intoxicated, and I'm pretty sure it's not very good for them.

Great pictures

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I won't... If I did, what would be next: parties, cigarettes, gambling

I'm just stunned and it seems a little strange... He is so eager to get his paws on it...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can understand the smell, but the taste? Like I said before, I heard that dogs rather dislike the taste of alcohol...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
All the dogs I've had have liked alcohol. Not that I've EVER let them have it intentionally but on the odd occassion when they accidently got some they have loved it.

Sherry particularly loves beer. I first realised this when we took her to a pub and she was licking spilt beer off the floor like it was the BEST thing ever. I've since discovered that she goes mad for any alcohol so I'm thinking that her previous owners let her have it.

Rosa isn't quite so keen but I still have to be careful when friends come round that they don't leave their drinks on the floor otherwise both dogs will lap it up like it was specialy made just for them.

·
Registered
392 Posts
bahahaha
snoopy is an alcoholic too!!!!
we need to start up some Beagle AA Groups stat!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
First, I have to say that Zbój is so adorable!!!!!!

Second, Caesar has never had an interest in beer, which I find surprising. But Emma, our GSD, loves to lick the empties. Her favorite place is the bottle recycling box in the garage!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Oh my gosh, that second picture looks like every college frat guy on a friday night, hahaha. ADORABLE. i love the desperation in his eyes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good times

Originally Posted By: Artimus BWOh my gosh, that second picture looks like every college frat guy on a friday night, hahaha. ADORABLE. i love the desperation in his eyes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. His name is pronounced Zbooy

Originally Posted By: Mom of 2 BeaglesHow do you pronouce his name? He sure is a cutie!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts