Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the vet's office. My Chloe "coughed" all night and was up and down from the bed all night - very unusual, normally when we go to bed she just curls up and sleeps through the night at my feet. She also had a "hacky" cough - so first thing this morning, I made an appointment with Dr. Randy. It seems my baby has pneumonia. He ruled out "kennel cough" immediately - but her lungs don't sound good. She is on large doses of Clavamox 2 x a day for at least 2 weeks, and possibly 4. She didn't eat her breakfast this morning - nor would she take treats. When a beagle doesn't want FOOD, you know they're sick. At least we caught it early, and she's getting treatment - and getting SPOILED! I bought canned food - which I HATE to give them, but it helps get the pills down - and tempts her to eat.
Here's my little "Chloe" who is truly my heart.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Oh pooooor Chloe /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
Get better soon! Until then milk it for everything you can /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think she is milking it! Not really, she is such a great little beagle - always has been. Mommy is the one who's a worry wart about her precious baby. I'm just glad we caught it early. She is my "shadow" and when she didn't "follow my every step" last night and this morning it just cinched it that there was something wrong! Besides she didn't eat her breakfast. She's a typical beagle - always ready for FOOD! She did eat the little can of food I gave her tonight though. Spoiled brat!
We thank you for your good wishes.

·
Registered
650 Posts
My Goodness! Get well soon, Miss Chloe. Enjoy the canned food while you can!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the good wishes everyone! I'm sure she'll be fine - her 'mom' is just a worrier when it comes to the furkids. Since Chloe is one of my "older" dogs, and she is so tiny - and has always been my "baby", when something bothers her, it bothers me more. I've had many many beloved furkids in my almost 69 years, but Chloe has been bonded to me in a way that none other has.
We appreciate all the good wishes! By the way, Daisy is absolutely adorable! Ya gotta love these silly beagle brats!
Good night everyone! Sweet dreams and thanks for your good wishes.
Glenda and Chloe

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
So sorry to hear about Miss Chloe! Maggie & I send lots of hugs and kisses her way. Reading your first post, I was reminded again how tuned in we are to our beagles -- we always know when they are just not quite right, no matter what the "experts" tell us. I have tried hand-feeding Maggie when she is not up to eating anything from her bowl -- for some reason, that human contact helps them eat a little bit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts