Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently became the owner of a cute beagle puppy 3 months ago. He is around the age of 5 months now. Since my boyfriend and I have had Roscoe he has not barked or howled once! Not that I am complaining, but I want to make sure my baby is HEALTHY!

Please comment with some information.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Jayne didn't bark much when she was a puppy, but she does PLENTY of it now. I'm sure he's fine. If you're super worried, ask your vet about it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
No worries my senior beagle Lilly only barked a few times. She just didn't have a lot to say.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
My first beag I got when he was 9 weeks old and he didn't bark until he was just over 6 months. In fact, he scared himself the first time!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't worry. Mine is not barking much. Someday he doesn't bark at all. He only barks when he really needs something.
But as others said, many people told me same here, they will be very vocal. So Enjoy your quiet time :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I said the same thing, my dog does not bark at puppy preschool and she said don't wish for that especially in a beagle. Well at about 5 months now she barks at closed doors and
when she wants to play and when we leave her. I think it is just a matter of time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My beag doesn't exactly bark....she has this weird mix between a bay/blood curdling, "80's horror movie scream like a machete wielding killer is chasing you" thing going on

·
Registered
38 Posts
Speaking of this Brewster doesn't bay he only barks. Is there anyway to teach him to do it on command or is that tempting fate?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Where do you get a non-barker?...lol
Cassie barked the moment I got her home at 8 weeks. I was amazed at the big sound that came out of her compared to her tiny body. She only howls at lizards

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Speaking of this Brewster doesn't bay he only barks. Is there anyway to teach him to do it on command or is that tempting fate?

My Oliver doesn't bark but has the most wonderful bay. He gets so into it. I have found that I need to find the right pitch to get him started. I usually sing his name to him and then he's off and baying. It's so much fun that I can get the entire pack baying.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As it turns out, I just learned that when he's super excited (as when the neighbor's cat follows us on a walk for half a block) Brewster does let out quite a few Arroooohs :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently became the owner of a cute beagle puppy 3 months ago. He is around the age of 5 months now. Since my boyfriend and I have had Roscoe he has not barked or howled once! Not that I am complaining, but I want to make sure my baby is HEALTHY!

Please comment with some information.
I just got Dallas she's 5 mths has never barked yet I've had her for 6 wks now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts