Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have Reggie 20 month beagle. We bought him as what we thought full beagle but think he is cross but even vet not sure. He has ALL traits of beagle hes my world and after losing my 18 year old retriever I worry constantly as this breed is so new to me . Well just over the last couple days he sneezing alot . He eating fine (well picking as always has) does not drink as much water as I am used of with other breeds but seems healthy. Just this sneezing. Any advice please or should I just take him straight to vets?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
He's adorable! My dog sneezes too. My vet believes its related to grasses and nothing else. Not much you can do about it since they play on grass and roll around on it. Personally, I dont recommend any medication like Prednisone since it cant be used long term. Once the rx is stopped the sneezing comes back. Make sure your dog has all its shots. If your dog seems well otherwise i wouldnt spend money to see the vet. Make sure blankets and towels are washed often and free of perfume.

·
Registered
943 Posts
What a cutie!

Beagles reverse sneeze too - does Reggie do that?

·
Super Moderator
5,068 Posts
I think because they sniff so much all the time they tend to sneeze. They also do reverse-sneezing which can sound scary but it's common. Reggie is cute!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts