Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a mistake and applied ridd 12.5%(Amitraz) on her wounds thinking that was for wound purpose , now my puppy (duke) is severely ill and doesn’t poop and always sleeping , I took it to the vet other day and they have ingested sodium chloride but still Its not energetic
And very ill ; I need help from experienced people here

Please help my save my beagle

I regret what I have done to my duke

regards,
J.barath

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I would take your puppy back to the vet; he needs care beyond any of our suggestions.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Take your dog to an Emergency Vet hospital as soon as possible , not a regular vet. You may have to leave the dog there for treatment or monitoring. Let us know how he does. Wishing your dog a quick recovery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dog today Recovered from illness and is energetic : I have taken it for morning walk but dint poop , may be I need try feeding it breakfast and take it for a walk ... the good news is it is very much back like to normal : I am so happy , but anyway I shall still take it to the vet once again for his wounds .
Thanks for the suggestions guys

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have taken my dog out feed it with jerk sticks and it did poop today , I am so happy that my dog became normal

just that it has some wounds which need to be recovered : I shall take it to the vet on Tuesday

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
One thought - some dogs have a seizure disorder and there is medication they can take for it - worth talking with the vet about.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
What was the cause of the wounds your dog sustained? Just some additional advice.. Dont use Hydrogen peroxide to clean wounds either as its also not recommended .
Did your vet draw blood to check any negative/low values cause by the product you used?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I take my dog daily to park for a morning jog , it’s getting fleas so thats what made the wounds

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
So very cute!!. There is a product called "food grade" Diatomaceous Earth that is a powder that will kill flees and is harmless to humans and animals. Make sure its not the type used to clean swimming pools. Google where you can buy it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys need a favour ... my beagle is nodding it’s head too much for the ear cuz of fleas inside his ears ... plzz help

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Get either a topical flea application to kill them. Clean all the dogs bedding, towels etc. I use Advantix II flea and tic topical every month that was recommended by my vet and it works well. The "food grade" Diatomaceous earth is cheap and is an excellent flea and tick killer which is very safe. Clean your dogs ears to help get the fleas out. Dont let the dog on any furniture or carpet until you get that resolved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How many years does beagles live and when do they start acting old ... any of u guys have knowledge of beagle surviving for 15 years or more years plzz update

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Beagles live a long life if they dont have serious health issues. A beagle ages 5 years to 1 human year as opposed to other breeds which is 7 years to 1 human year. That means beagles age slower. My dog is 8 1/2 years. Shes less active but she has no graying or other aging appearance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts