Our Beagle World Forums banner

My baby is genius - I'm so proud

3K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  don&ernie 
#1 ·
I am giving Chloe a stuffed kong almost every day when I leave. Sometimes she doesn't finish eating the stuffing (mostly because she keeps looking for me
) but lately she's been very good at minding her own business.

Apart from the fact that she really likes playing/eating the kong's stuffing on my bed, she figured out gravity!!

We all know Beagles are smart as hell and jump the kongs to break the stuffing so that it's easier for them to get it, but my genius red/white baby actually figured out that when dropping the kong from the bed to the floor, not only annoys the yucky neighbor from downstairs
, but it also breaks the stuffing more efficiently. So, she is jumping on the bed with the kong, drops it, picks it up, gets back on the bed and eats the stuffing. And so on and so forth.

I'm in love all over again!

See less See more
#19 ·
Ruby does the same thing on my steps. I have hard wood floors at the bottom of the steps. She'll push every food filled toy down the steps. She figured out how to do this in the first week that she got her first kong ball.

I like it because when I hear the constant dropping from upstairs, I know she's busy playing and not getting into any trouble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.