Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am giving Chloe a stuffed kong almost every day when I leave. Sometimes she doesn't finish eating the stuffing (mostly because she keeps looking for me
) but lately she's been very good at minding her own business.

Apart from the fact that she really likes playing/eating the kong's stuffing on my bed, she figured out gravity!!

We all know Beagles are smart as hell and jump the kongs to break the stuffing so that it's easier for them to get it, but my genius red/white baby actually figured out that when dropping the kong from the bed to the floor, not only annoys the yucky neighbor from downstairs
, but it also breaks the stuffing more efficiently. So, she is jumping on the bed with the kong, drops it, picks it up, gets back on the bed and eats the stuffing. And so on and so forth.

I'm in love all over again!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LOL! What a smart girl you are Chloe! Brains and beauty. Such a great combination. And good job annoying the icky neighbor downstairs. I'd love to figure out a way to annoy my icky neighbors upstairs!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Clever. It's not even an instinct in dogs like it is for birds... Birds are the only animals I can think of that use gravity...

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie jumps on the back of the couch and drops hers on the hardwood floor behind the couch rather than the carpet in front. No one ever believes me until they see it. We better not ever let Chloe and Maggie get together!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
That's awesome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
LOL!! THATS SO SMART! Lizzy figured out a brand new way to get the treats out of her Kong... Drop it at grandmas feet and give the sad puppy face...

work every time... lol

·
Registered
865 Posts
Oh, now Chloe, aren't you a smart little thing!!! That is too funny. If only beagles would use their clever-ness for the greater GOOD instead of just greater FOOD!! LOL!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Beags are so smart sometimes! Henry constantly amuses/amazes me with his alternate silliness and downright cleverness.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Way to go, Chloe!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Way to go Chloe! Keep Mom on her toes. She must never know what to expect next! If our beagles had a coat of arms, I am sure the motto (in latin of course) would be Where there is a will, there is a (beagle) way!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ruby does the same thing on my steps. I have hard wood floors at the bottom of the steps. She'll push every food filled toy down the steps. She figured out how to do this in the first week that she got her first kong ball.

I like it because when I hear the constant dropping from upstairs, I know she's busy playing and not getting into any trouble.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.