Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - Angel is our newest adoptee - we got her in Sept 06 from a lady in Western MA who runs a foster home from her house. Angel is a 30 lb 8 yr old spayed female. Angel had been back to the foster house 2 times and was finally diagnosed with Cushings so nobody wanted her :angry: . In our house we had lost our rottie x Concho to lymphoma in 2003 and our shepherd x Ed to cushings in 2005. In Jan 06 we adopted Pebbles, a beagle mix(?) from a no-kill shelter whom nobody wanted due to a cushings diagnosis. Pebs diagnosis proved false so I counted my blessings. Then, along comes Angel on the caninecushings.net site! We didn't need another dog, you probably all know the drill. But, her face kept calling out to me!
So now "we3dogs" is Zee!, a 12 yr old male black lab/dobie, Pebbles the 40 lb beagle and Angel the cush-pup. Thanks to judymaggie of this great site, whom I met on the caninecushings site, I have found a new place to (hopefully) make new friends who share a love a beagles. :heart: (Gee, I was always a big dog fan, but I'm now hooked in the beags!!) I will be posting in another area with Angel's disc dilemma. I hope to get some help and advice. It is wonderful to be here! Joyce and the gang /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. :angel: I'm sorry that I can't help you with Angel's disc problem, but there are several on the board who will be able to give you excellent advice. Murphy's Dad has much experience with disc problems.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Joyce,
Welcome to you and your pups. "Angel" should be YOUR nickname for your selflessness in adopting hard-to-place pets.

Looking forward to knowing such a wonderful lady!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Like my mom used to say, "there is a special place in heaven for you".

Welcome to BW from Henry and I. :wave:

Look forward to hearing about your special pups.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome Joyce & gang! :wave: I am so glad you decided to post and not just read. You will quickly learn how wonderful our members are. We all love to see what other's pups look like so be sure to post some pics -- you don't have to limit pics to Pebbles and Angel. Zee will be an "honorary" beagle!

·
Registered
157 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi and Welcome! Feel free to post and join in, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Judi and the gang

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi Joyce and babies :wave:

Welcome to BW!! You are an angel for adopting these little sick darlings. Bless you for that!!

My Daisy had a test for Cushings last week but it turned out negative -- so far. I'm hoping it will never show up. Daisy is going to be eight in July. Close to Angel's age.

Hope you have a great time with us. Looking forward to pics.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
:wave: :wave:
Welcome Pebble Angel and Zee and you too!
Bless your heart for adopting a Cushings beagle, I know for a fact that my husband may not like that idea.
Taking care of a senior dog can stress you out. I have a 11 years old retriever who has a lot of health issues. He vomits frequently, the vet ran tests said he is normal in terms of any disease.
Again welcome.

Charlie mom

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! Its so nice to have this new home for me and Angel and Pebbles. When things settle down with Angel, I'll tell you all about Pebbles too! Thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts