Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monty has been acting a bit strange today. I'm hoping it's just because he's still exhausted from his day at the beach yesterday...
I came home from work, and usually he goes right aside. I opened the door, and he didn't want to go out! I kind of lead him over by his collar and pushed him out a bit, but he just turned and ran back in! I gave up, thinking if he has to go potty, he'll let me know. He ate supper (he's going through this phase where he won't eat unless i sit and watch him), and STILL didn't want to go outside, even after I brought out his leash! It's really hot out, so i'm thinking he just doesn't want to go out in the heat. i managed to get him out for a quick pee, but after that he ran straight for the door. What do you guys think...just the heat?
(he's drinking water and eating)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'll bet it is the heat. It can be hard for dogs in the north to get used to it. If you can, try taking him out at night and see how he does. Let us know.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I live in south Arkansas and the heat and humidity are terrible here now. My Shiloh is same way right now . Sometimes he will go out about 6-7 in morning but only stay out about an hour. Comes back in and does not go back out until about 4-5. My Shiloh is mostly black in color and am sure that doesn't help.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It probably is the heat. Caesar is the opposite right now. It's so hot that he doesn't want to be inside! The front of the house gets the hot late afternoon/evening sun so he sits under the stairs at the back door. He comes inside to eat and then he's back out again. It's cooler out there than inside. I wish I could lay in the dirt under the stairs too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wouldn't be too worried. I let mine out when they first wake up, then at 12ish, then around 4. But we keep it at 75 in the house, so sometimes they just want to get warm and take a mini nap outside. At night I walk them for about a mile and that's when they go to the bathroom a lot, so maybe try that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts