Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
I listen to it all the time, the classic stations are 80's and that's my favorite

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sorry, I don't usually even turn up the volume unless I have to.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The general reason of asking this question is that we are cutting the fat on the site.

I have discontinued the classifieds and the blogs as they were both requested over time as something that would be nice to have as part of the community but were never used by the community members.

With exception of the blogs ALL the software here that was or is being used in this community is all licensed and paid for software requiring my self to pay for the software packages to place them in the community.

This all included:
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Message Board[*]Chat[*]Music[*]Classifieds[/list]

Like I mentioned the blogs were a free software package.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Message Board:</span> Well that's a no brainer

<span style="font-weight: bold">Chat:</span> We had a chat server we purchased and client that needed to be downloaded separately to be used years ago. The members had complained that downloading something and installing it was pretty much out of the question. We searched and found a great chat server software with a flash web based client that was easy to use. We purchased a license to utilize this for the community.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Music:</span> It was mentioned that the MIDI's were great but some users would rather hear the actual songs over the candid MIDI music. We found a great plat forum where we could place various types of music on the site where each person can select what they like.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Classifieds:</span> This was a very expensive software package we purchased a while back and was mentioned it would be a great addition to the community. Since we had the software all ready purchased and were getting ready to implement it on the server we decided to step it up and place it in this community. I think I was the only one who ever placed an ad in it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i have seen many other sites run classifieds just by having a section in the forums. it seems to work pretty well. i bought a very expensive bike on this site through their classifieds:
http://www.bentrideronline.com/

as for the chat, i would use it, but i have yet to see anyone there besides beagle bot.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I personally have not seen anyone in the chat unless a staff member is in there. Well, Once I have, sorry.

If by any chance we would do away with the chat it would remain on the system for private use for the staff members allowing us to communicate in real time saving us hours and days on a particular topic of problem.

I personally would like to come into the site and see a few members in the chat without a staff member in and enjoying themselves. Would be nice.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally Posted By: cheezyridri have seen many other sites run classifieds just by having a section in the forums.
I have seen that many times as well. In some cases it is a good thing.

The reason we do not allow this is that if a single person is selling one item and it has been posted and you have not frequented the site for 3 weeks and want it and it has all ready been sold you would be contacting that member. Also many others would be contacting that member for some period of time.

Even after a post like that has been posted as SOLD at the bottom like 5 to 10 post's down most users do not read every post and will try to contact the seller. This becomes annoying as it is very hard to moderate and remove items listed and sold.

Now using a software designed for that exact type activity the user can check it as sold and the ad or item is removed. No more constant inquiries or users wishing to buy it. This is much nicer for everyone, neater, and more professional. And if someone like me is willing to put out a grand for it and allow users to place ads for free that should be a top notch software, and it is.

e-Classifieds Distributed Version Premium Edition

·
Registered
366 Posts
Speaking of chat rooms. I was just in there. I'd really like to chat real time with many of you, but it's really hard to follow when there is more than one conversation going on and/or you come into the conversation part way. Is there anyway of selecting who you might want to respond to and not see, or set aside the other conversation going on? I'd probly chat more if it weren't so confusing?

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Many users select a different text color for them selves under the option button settings. You can also have private chats like like PM's here and as well as create your own private rooms either pass coded or not.

It is very versatile and has many advantages that could appeal to everyone in one way or another.

Also if you are in dislike of someone you can click on their name and select options like ignore and such. This will not allow any communication to you from them in the chat session what so ever.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I usually just go in there and sit and after a while people start coming in. Had 5 in there at one time just not long ago, like in the past hour or so.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts