Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who don't know, Murphy has been diagnosed with Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia (CLL). We have been tracking his lymphocyte count over the last 6 months and it finally crested 60,000 (61,000 to be more exact). I think normal is around 1,000. He has no symptoms (lethargy & lack of appetite) at present, much to the contrary. He is still active and always hungry (what beagle isn't). After much research, his vet wants to start chemotherapy. She wants treat him before he does show any symptoms. We go to our oncology consult tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky and I will definitely keep Murphy is our thoughts and prayers. I hope everything goes well with the consult tomorrow. Keep us updated (I'm sure you will)!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Murphy, keep the faith! My Bob and I remember you in our nightly prayers. Trust in Joe and keep feeling well.

Bagel

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Fingers and paws crossed, and prayers said, for a good meeting with the oncologist. Thanks for keeping us posted. Hugs to sweet Murphy!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Good luck, Murphy and Joe! Keep us posted on how things are going.

Buckley, Jewelie and Katie

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
You and your wife are absolute saints. I hope the chemo can help dear Murph. What a trooper that little man is!

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Thinking of Murphy, Hes's in our thoughts, hope all goes well with treatment

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lots of good thoughts and prayers sent out to Murphy and his family! Murphy is a real trooper and is blessed to have a family that will do everything possible to make his life a great one.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Will be thinking of you all ... keep chowin' down Murphy !!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Chemo is no fun, so good luck to you Murphy-I know you will be a great beag and get thru it!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Judi~Harley~and Maggie too!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Paws together along with human prayers coming for Murphy. Hopefully chemo will be a bit easier, if that is possible, due to the fact that he is feeling well now. Keep us posted Joe and give Murphy an extra belly rub tonight for us. Julie

·
Registered
889 Posts
Thinking of Murphy and his family at this time, I am wishing that the treatment goes well.

·
Registered
326 Posts
We hope that everything goes well for Murphy and the chemo goes well. We didn't even know dogs could get Leukemia /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

(... Erin)

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
We are all thinking of Murphy. I have thought of nothing but him since I read your post yesterday. I have been reading up on chemo for dogs and read that it isn't as bad for dogs as for humans. But I'm sure it still isn't fun. Keep us posted!! Hang in there Murphy, stay strong!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts going out for "our" Murphy. He's such a trooper along with his mom and dad!! I hope chemo isn't too hard on him. I just can't imagine how difficult it is to have to watch Murphy go though all this. I'd be a basket case!

Hugs and belly rubs from me and kisses from Daisy.

Monica and Daisy :heart:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts