Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the Good news:
Murphy's CBC came back normal once again. Thats 8 weeks straight at the lower dose. We have been told by his vet to cut it back again by 1/2. Keep your fingers crossed.

The bad news:
Murphy had 3 seizures in the last two weeks. That is too many, too close apart. So he is back on Phenobarbitol (30mg/day).

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good news on the CBC results! Hope the meds work to stop his seizures.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm happy to read the good news, but am sorry about the all too frequent seizures. From experience, I know how worrisome that is. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I hope the phenobaritol controls them as well for Murphy as it does for Spook.

·
Registered
702 Posts
So glad Murphy's bloodwork is all good, but sorry to hear about the siezures. I know all to well how helpless you feel when they occur.

When Vinny had them they lasted so long and I'd get so scared he'd go into cardiac arrest.

Hopefully all he needs is the pheno to get rid of them. Hey, Murphy, you're doing really well -- keep it up. :thumbup:

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
great news about the blood test results but bummer about the seizures ......

sending out good thoughts for Murphy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Virginia's Mom has one. I have thought about it many times to show our vet. She says while they are going through a seizure they are not awarte of pain. Though Murphy will grunt and whine like he is suffering. I will warn you, it can be hard to watch.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I have had a number of students over the years who have had seizure disorders. Other kids are curious and will sometimes ask questions. I have had students say that they do not feel any pain during the seizure but some are aware that they are having a seizure. Many also know when a seizure is about to begin.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Joe,

Just checking in between chores.

Sorry to see that Murphy's seizures are back. Poor little guy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif How hard that must be to watch. I've seen lots of humans have seizures but never a dog.

Glad the CBC is normal though. Thank God for small favors.

Please give him (and Summer) some belly-rubs and sweet words from Henry and I.

~Denise

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.