Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have told you all how Murphy has become the never ending eating machine. Recently, we found out that a rabbit has moved in under our shed. This drive Summer crazy. Murphy could care less.

Yesterday, I can home and thought Murphy had an accident (poo) but it wasn't. It looked like dried leaves with something in it. Much to my surprize and disgust it was rabbit droppings. It seems he was vomiting them back up. Ewww! Murphy will eat anything! I have enough problems without this.

The bunny has got to go. I have even considered letting Summer go after him. :angryfire:

On a side note: the partners in crime knocked over the kibble bin after we went out to dinner. We came hime to 2 battle ships that we VERY thirsty. They didn't leave much kibble behind. I figure they ate about 2 lbs (1 kg) worth.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Yep...If any of you thought that a young beag or even one in their "prime" had a big appetite... Then you will be "SHOCKED" by how "food oriented" they become when they enter their seniour years! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif "True to form", Goober seems to think that he is a "walking monument to starvation"! And the sad fact of that is without an "age-appropriate" diet, a seniour beag can get very fat! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Low calorie treats & adding more water or broth to their supper is the only way to fool them! :thumbup: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Oh yes, the Beagle belly. I hope your little battleships have returned to normal shape now.
Shane's parents have a rabbit that visits their back yard often and likes to eat the trees. They've joked about "borrowing" Caesar for a week to catch it. How do you plan on getting rid of the rabbit? Summer might really like a good hunt.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
What makes them want to eat like this? There must, in the past, have been some advantage for this trait to exist so strongly. Last night my daughter wanted to have friends in the family room where I keep the cat food plate shut away from Maggie. She put the plate out on a table on the patio. Maggie found it and ate the food and all but a small bit of the paper plate that I wrestled away from her.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
What is it with dogs liking the "leftovers" from other animals, it's so gross!!

Spencer got into his bag of kibbl ejust before we moved to the new house (twice actually). The 2nd time was the worst, he looked like a football. I actually made him throw some of it up because after he ate all that food and drank all that water, the food in his belly would no doubt expand. I really was afraid that he would do damage.

The worst part is that he was still looking for dinner after that.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure Summer could make Mister rabbit very unhappy but if it is a wild rabbit, it has safe harbors planned and hardly ever will venture out of the range of a safe harbor so Summer may have her some work. The key is if there is less harassment down the road, the rabbit will take the hint. I'll gladly trade your rabbit for our area coyote. At least five of the nieghborhood cats have become dinner. I keep the gates to Bagel's backyard locked and he comes in the house before the sun and the coyote go out for the evening.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
I'm sure to Murphy the bunny poop was De-lish! Phoebe would consider it quite a delicacy too! For Ted, only cat box poop will do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Speaking of deer poop,(or nearly any wild creatures poop), a beag will try to "wallow in it"! :rolleyes: Heck, even when I disrobe to hit the shower...Goober & Homer will seize the chance to "waller on my socks & skives" if given the opportunity! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif "A beag may be a "refined version" of a "dog"....But, the "dawg-part" of them will never go away"! :rolleye11:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I guess beagles are pure hunters and in nature they would not catch something everyday so would eat anything they could get hold of to tide them over. Susi is not happy unless she smells of urine or dead animals, both of which she rolls in. She is quite partial to a long since dead mouse.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Murphy & Summer's Dad:
It seems he was vomiting them back up. Ewww! Murphy will eat anything! I have enough problems without this.
Boy, can I relate!! When Maggie throws up, if I don't get to it before her, she goes back in for the second taste. Major yuck! :freak:

·
Registered
19 Posts
My neighbors recently got pet bunnies. They let them run loose in the yard when there out. Imagine my fun. LOL. My male lives to hunt bunnies, and for food!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I guess the "rolling in dead, stinky stuff" diguises their scent so they blend in with the surroundings and thus don't give away their presence while on the hunt.

Or, maybe, just maybe, they like IT!

Gotta love the "eat anything, anytime, anywhere hounds" we so adore. :wave:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I try to keep Stan away from dogs poop when we walk but I don’t always manage it.
He does like bird poo quite allot too and the other day he found a mountain of Horse muck to roll in. That was not the best walk we have had :rotflmao:
and was definatly the worst to clean up after

·
Registered
794 Posts
Polly loves bunny poop, when it is on top of the snow in the winter.
Imagine how they must have been smiling at their little picnic! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 20 of 20 Posts