Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're going to leave in about an hour to go pick up our new family member. I was going to try to sleep in late so that I wouldn't be wired all morning, but it didn't work. We had our 4th and 5th grade spring concert last night and that's all I was dreaming about (no puppy dreams...how sad!!) so I had to get up or drive myself crazy.

So...I'm keeping busy by reading about beagles...lol.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I am so happy for you! I will look forward to getting home this evening to see how everything is going. Did I read in one of your posts that you are a teacher? I teach first grade.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/toofunny.gif Wooo whoooo! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif
Can't wait to hear all about the new arrival!

I remember how excited I was waiting for Abby /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/kiss.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
How fun! Can't wait to see pics of your new family member.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yay!!! Can't wait to hear about Mugsy!! I know you are SO excited!!!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I know how excited you are!

When I was "expecting" Henry, the days crawled by at a snails pace.

Can't wait to see Mugsy.

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Welcome to the pack Mugsy......! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mugsy has been doing so good! His humans are trained pretty well too. He only had one accident in the house, but that was our fault. We had him inside playing for longer than we should have, so he walked over and found a spot to pee.

He met the dog that lives in the house behind us. We have a fence, so they just chased each other back and forth. He was jumping through all the leaves that got caught in the corner. It was so cute. I have a video of it...I'll have to edit it so it is shorter and then put it up on Photobucket. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Last night went very well too. He played well into the evening and we took him upstairs in his crate after his last potty break. He cried at first when it was dark in the room, but we ignored him and he went to sleep. He didn't wake back up until 1:30. He cried, so Nick brought him out to go potty. He went, came back upstairs and went back to sleep in his crate. he slept until Nick got up at 6:30 this morning. Hopefully the rest of the nights will go as smooth.

Nick left this morning for work, and Mugsy and I were still kind of sleepy (we don't think he is used to getting up so early), so he fell asleep on my chest and I put my head to the side and took a quick nap as well. He really likes to cuddle...and SNORE! Right now he's in his downstairs cage in the room with me and I can hear him snoring...lol.

So far, so good. I'm curious to see what happens today. I have to go run to the store, so he will have to stay in his cage. I won't be gone longer than an hour, so I think he will be okay. When he falls asleep, it is usually for about 2 hours...and he just fell asleep, so I should get going! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts