Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the past few days, we've noticed that Mugsy farts. And they aren't cute little puppy farts...they are killer, silent-but-deadly, clear the room sort of farts. It isn't an indication that he has to poop because sometimes he won't go for hours after the "attack". We haven't been feeding him anything different...but he HAS been getting at dandelions in the backyard the past few days as they pop up. Maybe they have something to do with it.

It was actually kind of funny...he sleep farted on Nick's lap today. Poor Nick didn't know what to do with him...lol.

Does anyone else notice this with their dogs?

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif Daisy gets like this from time to time, but it's not often thankfully.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe farts when she east crappy canned dog food (which I'm not buying anymore from obvious reasons) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Sherry's not a farter but Rosa can clear a room. It's only when she's eaten something she shouldn't though, other than then she doesn't normally do it.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Traveler's the only one of our pack that's frequently gassy. He can make our eyes water! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wave.gif I'm sure it is connected with what he eats, because he's a real garbage gut. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/exactly.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yes, all of ours can be stinky at times. The worst was one Christmas morning when Booker got a package of Pupperoni in her stocking. In the spirit of Christmas excess we let her eat most of the package... then we opened the rest of the presents with tears in our eyes from the smell she started to produce!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
homer can fart with the best of "em-he likes to sit by me and get scratched then let one out.he never farts by hubby and he thinks it hilarious.i swear homer was trained to do that!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Molly was riding in my lap (hubby was driving) and she was farting up a storm today!! I can't think of anything new she has eaten but who knows what the little beagles snuff up and eat. For our greyhounds wind, we use plain yogurt and it really helps with the stink. Nervous greys are really gasey - eweee.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We have an elderly beagle/german shepherd mix. She has a particularly nasty trick of coming into the bedroom at night, farting up a storm, then leaving....and giving us an offended look because it stinks so bad!

As soon as the room has cleared and we can breathe again, she comes back...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Java would pretend to stretch and let loose these his own silent killer. It would sometimes make my eyes water. The vet recently discovered that he had a bacterial imbalance and his recent treatments have curbed those deadly stinkers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.