Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I take Chase out to go poopy and it took him forever to go. Finally he goes and it's clear and slimey. Then he goes again, the same thing. What's this? Is it normal? Should we take him to the vet?

Also could it be the food? He's eating Diamond Puppy Formula it was recommended for him by his previous owner... Help!

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's probably just a mild case of roundworms. The Vet probably won't even find them if the worms/eggs are not present in the stool sample - unless the pup is infested, its common for them to pass stools with no worms & get a false negative. I've had this happen with a few of my pups after they were sold ... one extra worming with Pyrantel is usually all it takes to knock out whatever is left in the digestive tract. I get mine OTC, because the Vet charges about 75% more for the same medication :angryfire:

Another thing that may help this pup is feeding him a tablespoon of plain yogurt every day for at least a week. Will restore the beneficial bacteria in his gut after the worming.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I'll make sure to let you guys know what's going on with him once we find a good vet here. We just moved here so everything is so new.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well no we have been watching it. My hubby said he thinks it was something he ate because his poop cleared up. But he has an appointment coming up just to be sure and to get his shots. So we'll see

1 - 7 of 7 Posts