Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after much debate, calling airlines, transport companies, and our schedule, we have decided the best way to get Snoopy from Chicago to Huntington Beach, California is to do a transport service.

For those who ask why not airplane, shorter, ect, well I am convinced he would DIE in cargo b/c he is such a scarred dog and terrified beagle b/c he is a rescue..he would be dead in the crate when he arrived, and I have no doubt about it b/c I know him. I wouldnt risk his life or emotions for that!

We dont have time to drive cross country ourselves and we would like everything settled a bit by the time he meets his new home as well.

We found a great transporter, she does this all the time, mostly for rescue dogs, and i like that. She only drives 8 hours a day, takes them out to pee every 4-6 hours, sleeps in dog hotels.

If any of you know any other transport service that could be of help, we would love to know. We have a house now, so we know when we are moving in. Any advice, or bad experiences would be welcome.

Thanks
Manda and Snoops

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Good luck with your move, we shall pray that all goes smoothly and it sounds like Snoopy has a lovely house waiting for him. How many dogs does the transporter firm take at one time? Did she give you any references? It would be good to talk to satisfied customers, if only to put your own mind at rest. Could one of you travel with him?
I agree, I would never put our two in the hold of a plane.
When is the big move?

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
It certainly sounds like you've done your homework, and given Snoops welfare much loving thought.

Let us know when his trip begins, so we can send our thoughts and prayers along with him (and you too) as he journeys to his new home!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
transport would be the only way other than driving them myself that my dogs would get to their new home.

Good Luck with your move and let us know when Snoopy arrives !!

·
Registered
228 Posts
YEA! Great plan Amanda! If it was me I would do exactly the same thing. You are so lucky to find someone that you can trust and know that Snoops is in great hands! WOO HOO!
This is a perfect way to move. get your house in order and then when Snoopy arrives it will be all ready for him and for you guys to spend time with him to adjust to his new home!
Yea!
I am so excited for you guys.
I wish you so much luck and happiness!!!
Please keep us updated.
Are you going to Beag Fest this Saturday?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I totally agree with your thinking. Making it as easy as possible for Snoopy is the right way. I would never, ever, put mine in the cargo of plane. I know I would not want to be there, why would I put one of my most valued and loved possessions there. Let alone entrust them to persons that do not understand him and his needs. You can also stay in touch with the transporter and that buys peace of mind. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

So, Snoopy is leaving the windy city and will be on his way to being a cool Calif. dude. :cool2:

Hope everyone has a safe and uneventful trip.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I know you've been thinking about this forever and I'm glad that you've come up with a plan. I too, would never feel comfortable putting my pups on a plane...espcially during the summer months.

How long will Snoops be on the road? Do you think some "in case" sedation is in order?

Keep us posted and congrats on the big move!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all of you for all of your encouragement, this was a very tough decision,

Gingergoose, your right, we have been trying to plan this for months.

I actually found an awesome doggie day care and boarding before I found a house!!! :rolleyes:

A doghouse, yes, we did get reference for a few people and they were all pleased so much..makes me feel so much more comfortable, although, Im still nervous being withought him while he is in a car for 4 days..but I can call anytime. And the big move will be June 27th for Snoopy.

And they will only be transporting 3 dogs..Snoopy and 2 rescues going to Long Beach, close to where we will live.

Spensers Mom:...we did go to beaglefest, and my scarred Snoopy was so scared of people that he just cowered the whole time..it was horrible, when last year he had so much fun..did he get worse during our year having him??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

We were so sad that last year he did zoomies and this year he just walked with his tail b/t his legs....we were the asian male and white female couple there.

thanks again
amanda

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Good luck with the move Amanda. Now you have made all your plans the time will fly past. In a month you and Snoopy will be happy in your new home. :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Good luck with your move, and it sounds like you've made a good choice for Snoopy. We had our Gunner flown from Hawaii to California. He was a very laid back dog, but that flight traumatized him, so I think you're wise not to subject Snoopy to flying. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Pegasus:
Spensers Mom:...we did go to beaglefest, and my scarred Snoopy was so scared of people that he just cowered the whole time..it was horrible, when last year he had so much fun..did he get worse during our year having him??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

We were so sad that last year he did zoomies and this year he just walked with his tail b/t his legs....
I so feel your pain on that - we had the exact same experience in May with Popcorn at a beagle meetup here...

Hope the move goes well - we'll sure be thinking of Snoopy on the 27th.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Amanda- Spencer did the same thing this year at Beag fest. He just laid down and did nothing. Last year he was walking around sniffing butts and was happy and jolly!
I wonder if it was the heat and also the crowd was alot bigger this year than last.
Here he is at Beag fest, the dope......

I hope your move goes well. Please keep us updated. Also please let me know of your transporter. I am always looking for good transporters for our rescue Beags!!!!!
Good luck!!!!!
Beck and Spencersize.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts