·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
thanks Sandy!

It's 7:23, but I got your message....turning right now.... :bounce2:

·
Registered
388 Posts
oop! I guess that would have been 6 central huh? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif oh well, I have it on now.

--------------------
~ Louri ~ Mommy to Quads (we'll be 4 years old in 4 months)

·
Registered
388 Posts
So I'm catching the movie again at 10pm...

BOY... there is PROOF that Beagles CAN be TOTALLY TRAINED.

That is one well trained Beagle in that movie... Amazing. :heart: & ADORABLE too!

--------------------
~ Louri ~ Mommy to Quads (we'll be 4 years old in 4 months)

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Is this story sad? I almost never watch animal movies because I can't stand the sad ones.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This story has a happy ending, and I think you'd enjoy it. There are some parts that aren't all sunshine and light, but not enough so to be really disturbing.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I clicked to something else every time there was the hint of a not-so-happy part. [I'm just like Jassy in that regard. I used to love Stephen King books --- then he wrote "Cujo" and I never read another one by him.] Then I missed the end!!! Movie was slated to end at 9 but it obviously ended before then. Glad to hear ending was happy. Have to say (without giving any of the story away) that it was a bit unrealistic in that any beagle I know would have crawled through the large opening in the slats!!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maybe I will rent it and watch it with my daughter. My guess is that she has already it because unlike me she reads lots of animal books.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
There are actually three Shiloh movies - all, of course, with lots of beagle action and must-sees for all beagle fans!

The first two had Michael Moriarty from Law and Order as the father - then he went strange and moved here to Vancouver (all the crazy people eventually end up here in Vancouver...) and there was a long time between number 2 and 3 so I suspect they were waiting to see if he sorted things out, but eventually decided to go ahead and replaced him with one of the guys from Simon & Simon - Gerald whats-his-name. The kid was different in each one (obviously, the first little kid must be in university by now...) and I suspect the beagle was different too!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Well, you know my girl was named for that Shiloh (well, technically the book) so I have to have the movie!! My son gave me the first one, but I've only rented the other 2. Of course I enjoyed them all!! That's Gerald McCraney (Major Dad) in the third one--I wondered what happened to Michael Moriarty. We used to enjoy him on Law & Order.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts