Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home from work yesterday. Hubbie was already home and both doggies had already been out in the yard to do their business. I thought I smelled something rancid. I smelled Sadie around her neck and she stunk. I thought she probably rolled in something yucky in the yard. Then I smelled Pooh Bear, same smell. I tried wiping them off with a wet wipe, but no help, very stinky. I decided to let them back out and follow them. Usually they will show me what they were into if I follow them. They went behind the shed and delicately were sniffing something. I came closer and there was a dead rat! Ahhhhhhhh! They must have rolled on it I guess. I called hubbie out and he disposed of the rat. He said it looked like a baby rat. I'm sure there are more under the shed. I hate mice and rats. Needless to say both doggies got a good bath. They both smell great now. Today my goal is to get out behind the shed and pull weeds and clean it up back there. It is a mess and that might be attracking rodents.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Clean out from behind the shed? You're brave! I would be too afraid of any surprises. Sounds like a husband-job to me.

If there is something stinky to be found...beagles will find it and roll in or on it.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just pulled weeds and cleaned up a bit behind the shed and then had a swim in the pool. I didn't like doing it and kept watching for a mouse to appear. None did, thank heavens. Hubbie does all the mowing and edging and all of that. But he has very bad knees so weed pulling is usually my job.

There is a hole about 3 inches round at the base of the wooden privacy fence behind the shed. We think rats/mice chewed through the wood to come into our yard. The house in back of us is vacant and they have an old dilipated shed in their back yard. I feel like that old shed probably has mice and rats and they come over into our yard too. We've set mouse traps a few times but didn't catch any. We don't set them consistantly though.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, but yes it is gross. I wish someone would buy or rent that house in back of us and clean out that old shed in that yard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts