Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are just having a horible mosquito problem this month I think they are coming in the backs of the dogs but who knows. Have any of you found a good way to deal with this itchy stuff!!! Thanks for any help you give. Julie

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
K9Advantix kills mosquitoes on dogs. I don't have any advice otherwise. In order to have mosquitoes, there has to be wet weather. Unfortunately, that's been in very short supply here.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am finding more mosquitos in the house as well. This is either from coming in with Marley on his back, or just from the fact that we are opening the door more now with him here. Annoying! Hubby refuses to walk Marley now due to the squitas. He says they bite him as soon as he gets outside.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I am certain that the mosquitos are coming in your home because you are opening the door more. I have heard from people in IA and MO that say the mosquitoes are real bad there right now. Perhaps in your state too?!

Don't worry, before you know it we will all be complaining that it is too cold and/or wet to send the dogs out. That will be your hubby's next excuse. lol :lol2:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
the midwest was drowned in rain this summer and there must be some left standing somewhere making for fine breeding grounds....

as Sandy said it has been in short supply here in the south.

I use K9Advantix also for mosquito control....

·
Registered
448 Posts
yes we have some flea troubles here too! We have an old house though and I think some of it comes in that way.
Plus-fleas lie their eggs in poop and if you dont see a little bit of poop til later that some little stinker beagle left then there seems to be more fleas then magically. sighs.
Need to get more Advantix stuff from the vet, I know that the stuff from wal-mart is USELESS and the flea shampoo just works for about an hour
Judi and the gang

·
Registered
147 Posts
we used 20 mule borax to get rid of fleas when we had a cat.sprinkled it on the carpets and and left overnight and just vacuumed it up the next day.sprayed her with raid flea killer stuff in a purple can(said it was ok to spray on animals)and worked great.made sure she laid on a towel until we vacuumed so she didn't get it on her and lick it off and get sick.we didn't see fleas until the neighbors on either side of flea bombed their place(was a townhouse then)we use advantix on homer and love it!says reapply every 4 weeks but we stretch it to 6 weeks and still don't see fleas on him or squitos buzzing too much around him-they land on him but fly of pretty quick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts