Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Luigi out for his morning walk, ran into a neighbor walking her dog, and she told me about another Beagle living in our complex, and said the owner was currently out there and pointed north, so I took Luigi over there, and sure enough, a gentleman was out there with a beautiful 12 year old Beag named Copper. Never know when you'll run into another beagle. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif Luigi said hi, and they played a bit.

It's funny, I never knew how many dogs are in this complex, I've ran into I think at least 10 so far, ranging from tiny chihuahas to big ol' coonhounds. Guess this is what you learn when you get a beagle to take you exploring! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

·
Registered
289 Posts
I wish I had that environment. I think I'm one of two people on my block with a dog, and the other dog is a nasty little thing! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pureevil.gif

I take Miley to the dog park though so she has lots of little doggie friends!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/classic-smiley-11.gif

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
That's great that you met another Beagle /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

There's a new Beagle just moved in my block, he's about 5 months old and sooo cute.

I live in a very doggie neighbourhood, loads and loads of them but that also has downsides because not many people seem to pick up their dogs poop /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pureevil.gif

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Good point Dave. I haven't mentioned it because I don't like to push things on people like that but maybe next time I walk the dogs if the weather is nice I'll wear my Beagle World T-shirt and they might ask me.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I met a couple who would become my and my husband's best friends in the world at a dog park!! We still joke about the fact that it was because of our dogs we met!! We now even have sons that are six months apart! These are not the first friends we have made because of Toby, either. It's amazing who you end up meeting and befriending because of dogs!! I have several friends, that when I think about it, I need to thank Toby for!!!

That's great for Luigi, too. A 12 year old mentor!!!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
There is a lady that lives 3 houses down with a pretty little 7 year old Beagle girl. She was a rescue and is still skittish, so Daisy is a bit much for her right now, but we hope to get them together more. Then, there's a Basset 2 doors down that Daisy is enamored with, LOL.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did mention BW to the gentleman, and he seemed curious, so don't be surprised if Copper from Missouri shows up some day /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oddly enough, one of my coworkers has a 14 y/o beagle and she lives fairly close to me, so we meet up about twice a week and walk our beags together. Amazing how many people point and smile when they see them.

Just walking Duke has introduced me to many neighbors and their dogs. We all walk around the University's ag fields, so we run into the same dogs often. We get stopped a lot because people want to ask questions about beagles. The main question is whether Duke is like Uno, to which I have to sadly answer afraid not. LOL! They are a breed that attracts attention, just this morning on my way to work, I saw a guy walking a beag that looked a lot like Duke. I had to do a double take!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The last time Tony "dogsat" for me (Tony is my 22 year old grandson), he walked his favorite (Romeo) and determined that Romeo is a "chick magnet". Tony just moved into a house with a fenced dog yard, just so he can take Roms permanently. He's always loved Romeo and it will be good for Roms to have more "one on one" attention than he gets here with the pack. Oh, Tony is now living with his girlfriend, so he doesn't really NEED a "chick magnet" - he and Roms just love each other. This is my Romeo!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I walk my girls in the morning and the evening. Our neighborhood is a great dog hood. We have a couple of beagles right at the entrance to the community and I don't walk the girls up there as we try to keep them in a mile plus radious. I have had beagle "breakouts" on several occasions and they tend to stay in our radius. Anyway, I have made so many friends of neighbors and not just the ones with dogs. Folks out jogging always want to say "hi" to the girls. We don't see all the dogs all the time, but to give you and idea...we have 3 greyhounds, 1 great Dane, a golden retriever, several labs, a couple of maultese (sp?), an Australian sheppard, German sheppards, a beautiful collie, cocker spanials, a bassett hound, boxer and the list goes on. My girls favor the greyhounds, the collie and the golden retriever. They like big dogs. They don't like the great Dane. I think he kinda scares them by his size. Anyway, walks with beagles are just wonderful. I even acquired a client I met because of Brandy and Cecil. Aren't beagles grand?!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
We just got back from the afternoon walk...not the best. A lady that I am not familiar with was riding her bicycle with a Weimerwranger (SP) in tow. The girls broke out barking, I think because of the bike. Also, the boxer they don't like came by and more barking. The boxer and the Great Dane have been the only ones before. Other than that, we had a good walk!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Weimaraner. Doesn't sound so bad. Not considering Chloe has a tendency to bay at the little old lady with her walker..... and she is supposed to eventually be a therapy assistance dog.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Maggie finished her puppy shots on Monday, so this weekend she will be going out on her first official walk. There are quite a few beagles in our neighborhood, and most of them know my husband from when he used to walk Molly, so he's chomping at the bit to introduce Maggie to them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts