Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again, thanks to all who wrote me, I've never been on a forum before. I picked a great one you are all so friendly and helpful. You all have gorgeous doggies too. No two look alike. Miggy's picture is on the big photo page. Ilove his markings and I wouldn't trade them but
I'm just wondering are there markings that are considered better in terms of show dogs? I just began 2 watch shows on tv and I enjoy them but I'm not interested in doing it. I traveled for so long that once we settle in Savannah the most I want to travel is a long walk with Miggy. Thanks for the good advice on crates I checked
ebay and found a medium for a good price. And I will use washable old blankets to start with. The breeder will most likely give us advice on food but I'd like to hear what worked for your puppies. I feed my cats only dry food and keep it out all day so they can graze. I think I may have to change that. I keep sheets of the sticky paper on lint rollers on any furniture I don't want my cats on. They only need to get it stuck on their foot once and problem solved. I wonder if that would work for puppies. Some of the problems folks are having scares me a bit but I have all the time in the world and I'm prepared to stay on top of it. I'm not afraid of a little pee and poop,(4Kids,8grans,4cats,1greatdane) but I really believe that good training from the start makes for the happiest union of husband, kitties, puppy and wife.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
"The show beagles look stockier to me..."

Oh, that's what it is! My stocky little Henry isn't fat and porky...he must be a rare, expensive show beetle! :eyes:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I use the lint roller papers frequently for clothing and furniture because I have so many cats. Maggie will attempt to eat the pieces if I am foolish enough to leave one sitting in her reach.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What if your beag is tall and lanky with a big ol' potbelly? Does that mean you have half a show beagle? In that case, sign me up! :woohoo:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey Jassie, Who came first Emma or the kitties? I am in need of advice on how to get my cats to accept Miggy. If I can get in touch with the breeder my husband says we can go get him this weekend. I am giddy with excitement until I think of how to get them all together without the fur flying. Hubby is more of a cat person (that's only because he hasn't met Miggy yet. I have confidence that the little guy will win him over in a flash)so I want it to be as peacable as possible. So any hints would be most appreciated. :heart:

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Puppies in general, and beagle pups in particular are the cutest creatures on earth. Miggy will win 'dad' over in an instant.

(As for the cats.....well, it could take some time...as with any infant, the days will be a bit chaotic and the nights sleepless for awhile.....those midnight potty trips are important)

:bounce2: I wish you much joy with your new family member!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
The kitties definitely came first. We have only had Maggie since last July. I have three cats that are "offically" mine. They have accepted Maggie to varying degrees. None of them love her but they tolerate her. There are also two neighbor cats that sleep on my covered patio during the day. These two are more accepting of Maggie and both will play chase with her. All the cats have learned that if they stop running Maggie goes away. Maggie will occasionally bring a ball or toy to them and they look at her like she's crazy. The adjustment was not quick for my cats. It took at least 6 months for one of them to quit hiding. My vet said to let them work it out as long as no one was getting hurt so I have mostly let them alone as long as claws and teeth are not involved. Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.