Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after posting last week that Monty was driving me nuts with his not being potty trained,we had a really good weekend. I think it may be that I'm paying closer attention and watching for signs. There were a few times i was cleaning, and noticed that I hadn't heard or seen him for awhile, so i'll go looking, and see him sitting by the back door! He's never really done that before! So, I put him out, and he goes. Also, we have a bell on the door, and everytime i put him out, I tell him to ring the bell, and he'll jump up and hit it. Sometimes, he'll ring the bell and I'll come running, excited that he's letting me know he needs to go out!! He still has accidents during the days i'm at work, but i think we're getting better /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

He's also getting excited that it's warmer outside, so he spends more time out there. I'll go to let him in when he barks, but he won't come in! He just takes off and runs his little obstacle course in the backyard (around the BBQ, through the patio furniture, over the snow pile, repeat) and bark like crazy at the lab next door /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Hopefully, there will be no surprises at home waiting for me today!!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
What a citie Monty must be, running his little obstacle course. :thumbup: It does take awile, at least it did with Shiloh, and seems to be two steps forward, one step back at times, but sounds like you're getting there. The idea of having him ring the bell is a good one--I have a friend in Florida who trained her beagle to do tht, and she says it works perfectly!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts