Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monty escaped from the backyard this afternoon! My boyfriend was at home sick, and let Monty out to play, just like we normally do, but he escaped the fenced in yard and went running in the backlane. Justin caught him, but Monty had stepped on glass or something and sliced the pad of his paw /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif Justin cleaned it and wrapped it up, but i'm still really worried about him. I'm still at work for another hour! Justin say's it's not that bad, but i think i might take him to the vet. Am i overreacting?? How bad is bad enough to warrent a $100 vet bill?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it's a back alley with garbage cans. I'm going to take him in when i get home. $100 is worth the peace of mind that he's ok. My poor little guy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif Justin says he's being a big suck about it!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I don't think they stitch paws but you would definitely want it cleaned out profesionally and, as Kim said, your vet may well put him on antibiotics to ward off infection. Ask your vet if it is okay for Monty to lick his paw -- if not, you'll need to do the "collar" thing. Also, you may need to figure out how to cover that paw when you take him outside until it heals.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Infection would be my biggest concern. Thier pads heal very quickly though.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: judymaggieI don't think they stitch paws but you would definitely want it cleaned out profesionally and, as Kim said, your vet may well put him on antibiotics to ward off infection. Ask your vet if it is okay for Monty to lick his paw -- if not, you'll need to do the "collar" thing. Also, you may need to figure out how to cover that paw when you take him outside until it heals.
I actually saw just two weeks ago on Animal Planet, a Weimaraner's paw that was cut while running on the beach, the vet took her to surgery to stitch up her paw.
It may depend on the severity of the cut. Better be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am on a budget so understand! But, I would bite the bullet and take him. You will feel better.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Monty is ok /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Thanks for all your concern and advice. we got it cleaned out, it really wasn't as bad as i thought it was. He was a big suck about it all night though!! he didn't leave our sides, and even today he's taking it a bit easy. I hate scares like that!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.