Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Julia and I moved to the US about 8 months ago to get married to my husband. Being away from my family and friends I begged my husband for a dog (well, I started asking him a year earlier) and he said after we get things done I could have a dog. I grew up with a Dachshund, and always was around dogs. After we did all the traveling my husband wanted, he gave me green light to look. We looked and looked and looked. I wanted a girl, he wanted a puppy. He was really picky, and then one morning I checked the adds from the newspapers online and found something. He called and we went visit them the next day. The hunter (not breeder) had 2 female and one male Beagle, and both female got pregnant 3 weeks apparte. There was one girl in the older litter and ready to go, and 2 in the other litter. looked at all puppies of both litters, picked everyone up and when I put that little girl from the younger litter down to pick up the next one, she came crawling at me. She was 3 weeks and 4 days old. She picked me, and I looked at her and at my husband and said that is our dog Molly. When Molly was 5 weeks old we went back to visite her and she was finally walking and playing with her siblings. When she was 7 weeks old we were told that she got her first shot and ready to go home. We went to pick her up, and brought her home. It was a great great feeling. She is great, and she gets used to everyone. She is now 8 weeks old and sleeps most of the time and really enjoys chewing my hands/fingers and everything she can get. I am so happy to have her, and try to teach her a few things (which isn't easy at all).
Sorry for writing so so much, but I love talking about Molly.

The one picture is of Molly when she was 3 weeks ols, and the one sleeping is from last week, when she was 7 weeks old.

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    39.2 KB Views: 244
  • 66.5 KB Views: 239

·
Registered
443 Posts
Let me be the first (or at least 1 of the first - never know with posting messages) to welcome you to BW. Molly is adorable - such a cutie. I love the pic of her half in and half out of her crate. I got the Beaglebratz each at almost 8 weeks. I loved raising puppies. Hope you have fun raising her. If you have any questions or just want to post more pics - people here are very helpful and we love sharing pics.

Actually, love all the pics.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Welcome, welcome to Beagle World forum! Your little Molly is an 10 on a 1 to 10 cute beagle puppy scale. I am sure she has you and your husband totally wrapped around her little paw. My dogs were all adopted as adults, so I am not much help with puppy questions. But, we do have many new puppies that have been adopted recently so you will have tons of help for any questions you might have as she grows up. Always have you camera handy and take lots of pictures - she will grow so fast and beagles are the happiest dogs and are always doing (or getting into) something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
im hoping to be in your shoes soon and i also hope my puupy will be a cute as yours.
does she go to the crate to sleep on her own accord or do you place her in it? she looks very cosy.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She goes to her crate of her own. I don't want to push her to it, since she has to like it and she does. Sometimes its hard when we want to give Molly a timeout, we hide in another room, and she is in the livingroom. But after a week the crate is getting smaller... she is growing SOOO fast!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Re: Welcome!

Welcome! Your puppy is very cute; those are great pictures of some candid moments. I love the yawn especially. Hope you enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Re: Welcome!

Welcome Molly is adorable

1 - 20 of 26 Posts